Chapter 3: My Name...

Days seem to pass by slowly as my situation did not seem to improve at all. No one visited me aside from the sadistic guards assigned to my cell, who merely gave me a bowl of soup and bread every mealtime.

It doesn't matter at all given that I have a hard time stimulating my sore muscles. It took me two whole days to merely move from my uncomfortable position and to be able to eat even a small piece of bread.

One of the guards thankfully has aided me to eat during those times. He has seemed to take pity on me as he also has quietly helped me bandage my wounds so they won't get infected that much. The only features of him that made me remember his face is his freckles. He is the only guard that I have seen here that has freckles on his face.

Though right now, Mr. guard is not here to help me, instead, I got the sadistic guard that have grabbed my hair the other day.

"...hey, mister. Can you give me some water?" I try to request him with my hoarse voice.

It's already past noon and he hasn't even provided me any food yet. All he has been doing is play cards on his own or keep throwing small rocks at me.

Thanks to him I receive new wounds to patch up.

"And why would I?" He responds as he looks at me with his eyebrow lifted up.

"...please, I'm thirsty." I try to plead once more, despite my throat hurting from being dry, even my lip is dry.

If only I wasn't that thirsty then I would not even waste any energy talking to this guy, but I am.

The guard just stares at me from his post before turning to turn his back on me.

This guy...! If I ever got out of this place, I would definitely make sure he will pay for this!

But who am I kidding? Even the male leads are not visiting here to give me my final punishment. They have likely forgotten about my miserable existence since they are busy wooing the Heroine.

If only I got transferred in a side character at least, then I would not be having a hard time for something I did not even do. Or at least give me back my memories!!!

Why are my memories gone in the first place? I'm pretty sure when I read stories about characters that have been isekai'd or reborn in an otome like the world, they, however, retained their past memories or at times memories of the body, they possessed. Therefore why is my situation different than theirs?

Should I just go back to sleep? It would be satisfactory if I can at least clean myself up, but I wasn't even allowed that.

Thankfully though, that they allowed me privacy If I need to conduct my 'business. They will allow me to be alone for at least an hour since they know I don't have anything for me to use as a means of escape. Besides, the two guards have made sure I won't be able to walk away since they cuffed my ankles.

"Where is she?" I flinch in surprise the moment I discovered an unfamiliar voice coming from the hallway where the entrance is.

"She is over in that cell," Another unknown voice answered as I heard shuffling of footsteps until I looked up from my laying position to recognize... the Heroine and a male lead??

What are they doing here? I feel like it's been so long since I initially saw them that I have forgotten the sound of their voice.

Are they here to finally end me?

"Sister!!" I flinch once again at how loud her voice is. I still can't get used to being called sister by someone I don't know. It's so odd okay?

I don't understand why tears are gathering in the corner of her eyes when she is not the one in this condition? Why are you looking at me with worry in your eyes? Why are you being like this? You know you can stop the act since it's already at the ending. You will achieve a happy ending while I have received a bad ending.