Chapter 82 : Preparation

My heels echo in the now quiet hallway as all servants are currently busy with the interrogation or at the main building performing their duties.Even with the commotion that happens, their main priority is still performing their duty to at least preserve some peace and order. And because they are too passionate about helping those who need help.

It was such a shame that such good-hearted people like them were being led by such a wicked old man.

But what can you do? If only good things exist... then how will you be able to improve yourself? How will you be able to say that you overcome such obstacles if there are no obstacles, to begin with?  

Upon reaching a particular door, a smirk formed on my lips as I opened it without knocking. The voices that were arguing inside have gone quiet as their wide eyes shift to stare at me.

"Well... greetings,'' I spoke with a bright smile on my lips.

"Errissa!" Aiden exclaimed in relief upon seeing me.

Oh? I kind of forgot he was also here. I was only expecting to meet Auntie and Alaric here. Well, it doesn't matter if he is here. His role will not change even if I leak a bit of my personality here. Or... should I act pitifully instead? In that way, I will be able to see whether Alaric will notice anything.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" he asks as he tries inspecting if I have any wounds, as he continues to stare at me with his eyes brimming with worry.

This is... him alright. I stop myself from letting out a weary sigh. I cannot believe I forget how much of a worrywart he is... especially when it comes to me.

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't know that he has feelings for me. Because I know. He has confessed to me during all those lives I have lived. Aiden falling for me is one of the consistent things that always happened in this never-ending nightmare.

Though I have to admit... there is a time that I was the first one to confess to him. It was only out of pure desperation. And yet... he has the guts to reject me!

I can still recall it clearly... well not that clearly. Only some parts of it.

"Aiden..."

"I... I'm sorry," he mumbles as he looks away at me while looking like a pitiful puppy.

"Are you really going to push me away?!"

"Yes..."

"What...? Even if you already know how I feel about you?!" I scream as he began to turn his back on me.

Shaking away all those memories. I bestowed him a faint smile before briefly nodding my head.

"Don't worry... I'm fine," I responded to him briefly.

I'm not here for him anyway... I'm here for something else.

I shift my attention to Auntie and the Crown Prince who is staring at me. I think they are currently in the middle of interrogation given the documents laying around the table in between them.

"Your highness, since I have completed my mission. I would like to leave the temple as soon as possible," I said in a calm tone as I observe their reaction.

Their eyes widen in surprise from overhearing what I have just stated.

"As soon as possible? What for?" Auntie is the one who asks first as she stands up from her chair.