Chapter 88 : Breakfast

It was deep in the night when we reached the palace. Alaric personally escorted me to my room in the Rose palace, in hopes that he would be able to see Lianne. Unfortunately, for him, my sister is already asleep when we arrived.

I saw the longing in his eyes as he bid me goodbye. I guess they haven't seen each other for a while because of that day. Lia has also mentioned this before in her letters that she hasn't left her place since her wedding day.

That would mean they haven't had their honeymoon period, since it was replaced by a mourning period. What a pity...

Oh well, it's not my problem.

Whatever problems they have with their marriage life are theirs to deal with. I only care about seeing the results of whatever chaos Rosaline is planning on doing.

I can only imagine her enjoying turning the citizens into her puppets. Since I can feel our connected mana brimming with energy every single day that I have to be constantly aware of my aura. Honestly, how long should I wait until she is done with her work?

"My lady, it seems you are in good mood," I heard Sara comment as she continues to prepare my bed.

I brought Sara along with me, since she is still my personal maid first and foremost, and not a member of the Temple. Though it seems I might have forgotten how popular she has become with the sisters. When we were preparing for our departure earlier this morning, all her friends had gone out to bid her goodbye with tears streaming from their eyes.

I supposed the sisters I befriend had also gone out to bid me goodbye while crying their hearts outs. They kept saying they will miss us and to take care of ourselves on our journey.

To be honest... it felt a bit overwhelming. I wasn't expecting them to react like that when I wasn't in the Temple for that long and yet...

They seem to be really kind souls...

"What made you say so, Sara?" I ask as I sat down on the couch while hugging a pillow.

I'm so tired that I want to sleep straight away. But Sara insisted to redo the bed that was already been prepared by the palace maids. She said she wanted to make sure nothing was placed on the bed.

I mean I do appreciate her worries but... I'm just soo tired!

"You have such a bright smile on your lips, despite your eyes kept closing because of your lack of sleep."

Sara... I -- can't you return to the sweet and naive Sara that was by my side during my memory loss??

"I'm just merely imagining the future of this kingdom... the future where we are completely free from such strings."

"I see... then if I may ask my lady?"

"What is it?"

"How long are you going to carry this teddy bear around?"

I open my closed eyes for her question as I shift my attention to Narla who is sitting in the middle of my bed. I hadn't noticed I have already closed my eyes.

Narla... the teddy bear that my mother gifted to me. And the one who helped me unlock my 'mana' that my mother locked away. My mother locked away my mana during that carriage accident... I think. I am not really certain what happened since it's all blurry.

I did not even think about it but the next thing I knew I brought the teddy bear with me here.

"I brought it as a present to my sister. It will be better if she takes care of that bear for me," I answer as I look away from Narla.