Chapter 7: The Crown Prince

This is pretty embarrassing...

Unlike the other maids that have glared at me, Nia and Lisa have carefully bathed me from head to toe, change my dress, style my hair and put light makeup on me, despite my protest. I was a blushing mess throughout the whole process, even now I can still feel my cheeks heating up.

And now, I'm currently eating breakfast with Lianne in the dining room. It would be pretty cozy if it weren't for the Crown Prince sitting in the head of the table.

I glance at Lianne who is casually having a conversation with the Crown Prince who is sitting on the right side of him, while I am sitting beside her.

The food in front of me is something I have only seen being served in a renowned restaurant before. Yet right now, its delicious aroma lingers on my nose tempting me to devour them.

Am I allowed to take a small portion of them?

I pick the silver spoon on the table before taking a small portion of the soup in front of me.

"Mhm!" Gosh, this is so good!

"Is the food to your liking?" a cold voice interrupt as I froze from my spot.

I can feel his intense stare at me, as I gulp down the food I have in my mouth.

I bob my head as I put down my spoon back on the small plate.

"Why did you stop? If the food is not to your liking then I can ask the head chef to alter it," He said as lift up his left hand.

"N-No! It's fine... the food is delicious," I stop him from calling out a maid, as I lower my gaze again.

"It's fine Errissa. You can eat comfortably. I have already talked with him. You will be staying with me for a little while until the Duke came back from the countryside," Lianne explains as she grasps my hand.

"The Duke..?" I mutter as I glance at the Crown Prince's expressions.

I can see a slight frown on his lips as he gazes at my and Lianne's hand.

"We have decided it will be for the best to allow the Duke to be in charge of your house arrest," He added as he took a sip of his drink.

"House arrest? I'm not going back to the prison?"

I'm puzzled... Aren't I supposed to be arrested for everything I've done to Lianne? Including the fact that the OG Errissa has poisoned her twice!

Yes, twice! I have heard from that guard from before how Errissa have poison Lianne during her birthday party when they were about fifteen? And the latest was during their graduation ceremony.

Errissa never got punished back on her first try since they never recovered any evidence against her... until the graduation day.

"After what happened last night, the prison got destroyed from the attack and is currently being fixed. So you will be temporarily be sent under the Duke's care,"

"Will that be alright? Won't that look suspicious to the nobles?"

The Crown Prince elevates his eyebrow from my question before tilting his head in confusion.

Crown Prince Alaric Ero Alinac, that is his full name. The heir of the Alinac Kingdom and soon-to-be husband of my sister Lianne. He has bronze skin, short slightly curly raven hair, and round grey-blue eyes. The color of his eyes is common to those who have royal blood. Though the color may sound common even to those who are not born with royal blood, the way they shine hits different. How do I describe this... Their eyes have these unique sparks that made them unique.

"Why are you caring for that right now? If I remember, the Errissa I know, never cared about the opinions of the nobles other than her own opinion," He stated as he gave me a cold glare.

I flinch from the aura he is emitting as I lower my head.

"Your highness!" I heard Lianne exclaim as she let go of my hand.

I can't believe I forgot that I am currently a Villainess and not just Lianne's sister.

"I merely stated the truth, Lia," His tones of voice changed the moment he turns to Lainne.

"But still...!" I can tell that she wants to rebuke him, but I know she can't.

After all, Errissa Orla is the Villainness of this story.

--

I didn't eat anything after that conversation no matter how much Lianne tried to convince me. Prince Alaric remained quiet until he bid goodbye to Lianne since he has a meeting to attend.

After Lianne escorted me to the room we woke up to, which will be my temporary room until the Duke arrived. She hastily left to fulfill her duties schedule for today.

And now I'm stuck inside the room all alone. There are two knights outside of this room, while Nia and Lisa would only visit to give me snacks that I barely ate.

I just... I just can't bring myself to eat casually while knowing the fate that I have to face.

And... What his highness stated earlier made me realize I shouldn't depend too much on Lianne's kindness. Despite the kindness that she is showing me, it would not change all the deeds that I have done to her in the past. No... to state it more clearly, the deeds that the original Errissa did to her.

Now that I'm Errissa, that would mean I would be the one to receive the punishment that she was supposed to receive. The sole thing I can do in this situation is to accept it. Not because I don't know how to alter my fate... but because Errissa did deserve this punishment.

Still... I am not that Errissa. Do I deserve to be punished too? When I am not the one, who did those things?

"...Should I have accepted that man's help before? Then it is possible I won't be in this situation," I mumbled to myself as I continue to stare at the window.

This room is set on the second floor of the Rose palace where Lianne is residing. She has been living in the palace since the incident on graduation day. The Empress herself has given this palace to her, which should only be given to her after their marriage.

I can witness the tea party that Lianne is currently holding at the rose garden. There are a lot of noble ladies attending the tea party. I stare at Lianne who is clearly enjoying their company.

"Sister... are you happy with them? Who am I kidding, of course, you are? After all, why would you be miserable with the people who clearly care and worship you? You should only spend your attention on them, and not on someone like them. I... I --"

I'm not your real sister anyway...

I stop myself from declaring those words out loud as I can feel my heart pounding painfully inside of me.

Warm tears began pouring from my eyes making my sight blurry.

I can't help it...

Just watching this scene is making me realize I don't belong here. I really don't belong here...

"I...I want to go h-home!" I sat down on the carpeted floor before hugging my knees and placing my head on it.

I want to go home... I want to see my family... I want to recall them...

I want my memories back. Please... can someone help me?