Chapter 83 : Reunion

"What kind of place is this?" I mutter as we continue to walk down his dark hallway.

The amount of mana here is making my skin crawl, and kind of suffocating! How come no one has noticed this place? And how in the world can Auntie manage to walk here like this is nothing?

Is it because it's deep down in the basement? Or...

I stare at Auntie's back as she continues leading me down this hallway. So far, she hasn't spoken a single word after we enter this place... and I'm starting to get bored.

"Auntie... Just where are we going?" I say disturbing the silence that have surround us.

"We are here," she said ignoring my question as she turned to face the wall.

I stare at her curiously as she began muttering some spell. A door seemingly manifests in front of her.

Interesting... I did not know she can do something like this nor I did not know a spell like this existed! It would have been useful to know something like this! I could have made my own secret room in the wretched house!

She took a deep breath as she opens the door before motioning for me to enter first. I did what she asked me to do, and what welcomed me is the scent of roses in a semi-lit room.

The scent of roses made me feel a bit... nostalgic? Is that the right word for it? It's just... the smell is familiar to me. Considering I have grown up constantly smelling the roses that the Duchess has planted.

I let out a sigh as I shake the blurry memories away trying to resurface. With all the lives I have lived, I can barely recall anything before the carriage accident. Thus, I have no good memories of my mother. Unless we are talking about the mother, I have in that modern world I was stolen from.

My eyes drifted to the center of the room, where a bed is being covered by a layer of a glass-like barrier.

Mhm? What is this? This situation is kind of making me remember the story of a princess who was cursed to sleep for a hundred years. Or was it the princess who poison by her stepmother?

You know what never mind. Let us just focus on the task at hand.

"A person...?" I mutter in surprise the moment I observe someone lying there.

Since the room is not well-lighted, I can barely see the silhouette of the person. I wonder who is this person for Autie to care for.

Just when I was about to take a step closer to it, a hand touch my shoulder making me flinch.

"Before I introduced you to this person... I need you to lend me a hand. I was actually going to ask this of you once you completed your training but... since you are trying to pursue your happiness. Who am I to get in your way?"

Oh... she is supporting me? That is... unexpected. But then we did grow closer together during my time here. Even though most of the time she is stern with me, still there are times when we just casually talk about either personal stuff or random stuff that came out during that day.

Why is my heart feeling all warm all of a sudden?? And for some reason... I always felt comfortable around her, despite the fact that this is the first time I had interacted with her in any of my past lives.

I clear my throat as I blink away the sudden tears that were trying to form in my eyes.

"What kind of help do you need from me, Auntie?" I answer softly, surprising myself.

When was the last time I have been this soft to anyone?

"Lend me your power. I need it to heal this person," she responds as her eyes drifted to the figure laying in the bed.