Chapter 18 : The Secret Of The Notebook

Oh, my chocolate fudge!!!

I found a small key hidden inside the letters. I used it to open the notebook that was inside the box and what I have found inside shock me.

There is a title written on the first page after opening it. The title is 'The White Rose's Tears'.

It's a story about the first daughter of Duke and Duchess Redmond, Lianne.

Yes... as I have expected she is the Heroine of this world.

The story goes like this.

There are two Dukedoms in the Alinac Kingdom, the Redmond Duchy and the Silvercolt Duchy. The Redmond's main residence is in the capital while the Silvercolt Duchy's main residence is in the northern territory. And as for the Wandallyn Duchy, they are located in the southern territory.

Lianne is the firstborn daughter of Duke Galvin and Duchess Lionna of the Redmond Duchy. An accident that happened during her childhood days causing for the Duchess to lose her life.

"..." It caught me by surprise the moment I read the part where the author briefly retold Lianne's childhood.

If the Duchess is already... then why did Lianne inform me that she was only missing?

Did everything she told me, mix with... lies?

Errissa indeed bullied her throughout the whole story which she ended up receiving a bad ending. While Lianne ended up with good endings.

But the thing is... there is a description here that Errissa and Lianne's endings differed on who Lianne ended up choosing. The way the author wrote this story, is how Otome games work. I am guessing that she has written it for the preparation for a game adaptation of this?

The notebook where this story is written is small on the outside yet it's the opposite once you opened it. I have no clue how did this notebook end up in the gift box that the Duchess prepared for Errissa.

Speaking off, Errissa indeed ends up receiving this gift but she never opens it. Lianne was the one who opened the box and there she got the skeleton key where she used it to open the Duchess's room.

There she found the secret of their family, hidden in the room is the very sword that was used by the saintess to end the dragon that once ruled the Alinac kingdom. Yes, the Redmond family is the family of the first Saintess of the Kingdom. Thus, explain the reason why they are the only ones born with light magic.

The Redmond family is also associated with the church, one of their biggest benefactor. It was also a tradition to send the youngest daughter of the Redmond family to serve as the Saintess.

Errissa was also chosen as the next Saintess. She was to be sent to the church at the young age of seven. The Duchess is the only one allowed to accompany her on her journey, but they never reach the safety of the church.

The carriage they were ridding was ambushed by unknown groups, and the only lucky one to survive that accident was Errissa. She was protected by the Duchess's magic.

Once the Duke found out about it, he decided it will be best for Errissa to stay by his side rather than becoming the Saintess. The church protested at the idea of ruining the tradition. But the Duke turn his back on them and kept Errissa inside his residence.

"You know what... I am just going to skip to the endings. It will take a long time if I will continue to read everything." I mumble to myself as I skip the pages until I reach a page with the title 'All endings'.

"Well, that's convenient. I still don't know how I should feel after knowing all these events."

It took a while for me to fully understand the endings since I did not read everything, but when I do... I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Oh wow... Lianne's endings are all...!"

My eyes widened in surprise as I continue reading the endings.

She has four good endings, one for each of the four male leads. In those endings, the male leads that she didn't choose, will still receive their own good endings. And when it comes to her engagement with the Crown Prince, once she fell in love with another male lead... the Crown Prince is the one that will find a way for their engagement to break without any repercussion to her.

The Crown Prince is actually a good guy, even if Lianne broke his heart, he still wished for her happiness above everything. The one that will become his future Queen after he dealt with their breakup, is the first Princess of the Crearis Kingdom. But there are times that Errissa was the chosen Fiancee for him.

Of course, for each good ending, there will be a bad ending.

For the bad ending of the Crown Prince, the triggering condition for this, all according to the notes written on the side... is that Lianne will push the jealousy meter up high.

The author is really planning on creating this as a game, huh? But why is this here?? My brain keeps on hurting whenever I think of a possible reason why this notebook is here!

Could it be that the Duchess is the author?

Nah... who am I kidding? How would she be the author of this story? But... if she does turn out to be the author... did she get reincarnated here in this world? And this notebook is where she wrote everything she remembers about the story?

"Ughh... Brain! Focus on reading this before we start with all these theories!"

All right, let's focus!

Going back, the bad ending for the Crown Prince ended like this.

The crown Prince manipulates everything surrounding her. He cut off her connection with the other male leads and made her depend on him. It's a typical yandere... eh, yandere?

My eyes widened in surprise as I recognize the genre of the bad endings.

All of it... the male leads turn into an obsessive yandere once Lianne triggers up certain things. Yes! Things! The author didn't specify anything regarding what will trigger their obsessive behavior!

"Forget it! Let's just focus on what will happen to Errissa. Since Lianne has chosen the good ending with the Crown Prince. Considering that he is not manipulating Lianne's action or the fact that Lianne can still talk with the other male leads."

Turning the pages, I skip everything regarding all the other bad endings and focus on Errissa's endings.

"What is this?? All her endings are different too! There is an ending that her head cut off! One where she was hung to death! And the worse one is that she was thrown into a cave of aggressive monsters where no one knows what happened to her!"

I scan all the descriptions, and the only tame ending is...

"She was married to Count Fergal? No... it's more like he bought her to be one of his wives from the King."

If I remember correctly... Count Fergal is the owner of one of the crystal mine caves in the kingdom. Though he is in his forties, he still acts like he was still in his prime. One of his horrendous hobbies is collecting wives. He will buy young ladies from a family that is in desperate need of money and pay them a huge amount of money.

His type of woman varies, but I heard from Sara that his favorite is the ones with black hair...

Though the Rave family, the family where the Duke hail from, is known for having black hair, few lower-class families have black hair too.

Ugh... I think it's a good thing I am here hidden in the residence rather than in the prison. Since the reason why he found out about Errissa was during his visit to the prison. One of his sons has caused trouble and got sent to prison. And there he saw Errissa sitting in the corner of her cell.

With her lovely appearance, she quickly caught his interest. He quickly requested an audience with the King and negotiates about Errissa's situation. The King, who is interested in the Count's wealth, agreed to his term. And thus, he sent Errrissa to be wed to the Count and became his favorite 'toy'.