Chapter 49 : Entering The Temple

I took a deep breath as I find myself staring at the mahogany door in front of me. In the end, the dress that Sara picked for me is a simple long sleeve navy blue dress, with a matching navy blue ribbon for my hair.

Oh yeah, I have noticed that my hair is now starting to grow longer than it was before. I wonder if I should wait to see whether long hair suits me more or if I should trim it to how it was until now.

"Brother? It's me Errissa, can I come in?" I announced as I knock on the door.

He is currently using the office that formerly belonged to the Duchess. Out of every corner of this mansion, this place is the only unfamiliar place for me. I feel like I haven't had a chance to see the inside of this place.

Err... I mean, Errissa hasn't had a chance to see the inside of this room. I wonder if this room is similar to his private office?

"Come in," he responds as I push the door open.

Peeking my head, I quickly notice how organized this office is compared to the Duke's office. This place has a similar design to the Duke's office but is much more organized.

"Are you busy?" I ask once I enter the room.

"I always have time for you. Have a seat," he answers with a smile as he places down the paper he was holding. There is a stack of documents placed above the table in front of him. It looks like there are a lot of things he needed to do because of what happened.

His face... he already looks this tired despite only the first day of him acting as the head. I wonder how long will he stay as the temporary head? Or will the title be finally passed down to him? I hope so... since I don't want 'my father' to stay in such a high position.

"Are you alright brother? You look exhausted, did you manage to get some rest?" I ask in worry as I walk towards him, touching his tired face.

He leans towards my touch as he let out a tired sigh.

'Rian... you still act like a foolish brother.'

"I still have a lot of things to take care of. I don't have time to rest," he quietly answers while still leaning on my hand.

"Then why don't you rest while I am here? Since you said you have time for me, why don't you also use this time to rest?" I suggested as I pat his head with my other hand.

This is the first time that I have done this to him, since he is taller than me I cannot reach his head to caress his hair. It's just that his hair looks extremely soft and fluffy despite it being short, and I can't help but wonder if they are actually soft.

"..." Hold on what was I saying again??

"Alright... You know I cannot say no to you right?" he answers as he stands up and offers his hand.

I accept it as he escorts me to the couch that is placed in the middle of the room.

"Do you want me to call for some desserts?" He asks as he turns to face the door.

"Yes please," I swiftly answer.

He let out a chuckle before opening the door and ordering the maid outside to get some desserts.

I will never say no to food, especially desserts. And, it will be better to talk with a full stomach than an empty one.

"Brother... the reason why I am here," I started once the desserts have been served.

"That is because of what happened last night, right?" He said as he places down his teacup.

"Yes."

"You don't have to worry about it. I will take care of everything and I will make sure it won't happen again."