Chapter 55 : ̶O̶u̶r̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I repeated my question from earlier as I try to relax.

I need to make sure that my interaction with her will end up peacefully. I don't want to make a mistake here. I have endured a lot just to fully gain their trust and I will not ruin it with this weird lady in front of me.

The lady coughs as she took a deep breath before offering me an apologetic smile.

"I apologize for being rude, S-sister Errissa. Then, do you mind escorting me to a place where we can talk just the two of us?" she responds as she adjusts the gloves she is wearing in her hands.

"I'm sorry but I still have a lot--," my words were cut off as she holds both of my hands before staring at me with a pleading look.

"Please! I won't take much of your time! I merely want to talk to you that is all!"

I let out a sigh as she continues clinging to me. For some reason, I can't feel any animosity towards her, despite the way she laughs at me earlier. In fact... it's a bit odd that I feel comfortable around her.

"Before that... have we met before?" I ask her as her lavender eyes stare back at me.

An amused smile forms on her lips before winking at me.

"Why don't we talk in a private place and I will answer that question?"

"Aright... then please follow me," I answer with a sigh as my curiosity got the best of me.

I lead her to a private area near the main building. There isn't anyone here right now so this is the ideal place for us to talk.

With her long silver-gray hair, thin almond lavender eyes, pointed nose, and rosy lips. She is a breathtaking beauty. I wonder if there are a lot of men courting her?

"Is there something on my face?" she asks the moment she caught me staring at her.

"A-ah? No, it just... your beauty is --,"

"Mesmerizing? Unique? Bewitching?" she spoke cutting off my words.

Hmm... I guess she has already heard quite many compliments regarding her beauty.

"Yes, something like that."

"Pfft! Even now, I still find you quite intriguing," she said as her eyes seemed to contain a mix of emotions within them.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

For some reason... I can feel my heart thumping painfully inside my chest. Just what is this feeling? Why do I feel like I want to hug her tight?

"About my question earlier... Have we met before?" I said as I shift the subject.

I don't need another additional question that doesn't have an answer.

"Mhm... Yes, we did. In fact, will you believe it if I were to inform you that we are close friends?"

My eyes widen in surprise from her answer and the way she stated it with such sincerity.

"Close friends... You and I?"

"Yes," she simply answers as she stares directly into my eyes.

She is staring at me with such sincerity that I don't believe she is lying. But... how come Lia and brother Rian did not inform me about her? How did someone like her manage to become Errissa's friend? And where was she this whole time? Could this be the reason why I feel like this to her?

"Is that really true? I find it hard to believe," I respond as I raise my left eyebrow.

Even though there is no hint of lies in her words or her tone, I still find it hard to believe someone that is hated by everyone has a friend like her.