Chapter 77 : ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶d̶y̶?̶ ̶(̶R̶)̶

With everything that is happening, no one has noted the absence of the Saintess. She has quietly faded into the background as the fight between Errissa and the cardinal rages on.

She knew that Errissa would confront the Cardinal if she was given the chance. And though it may be true that she did side with the Cardinal temporarily when they were found out in the prison room. However, she left Errissa's prison room without any guard and she chooses it to be near the room where the Cardinal is performing his 'experiments'.

'I will let them deal with one another how long they want. All I need is to secure her safety first before that prince came barging in here,' she thought to herself as she swiftly enters another secret hallway hidden deep within the basement. One where she is the only one who can access the place.

In the dark hallway, she is in, only a single light lit up the whole space. She took a deep breath as she continued to walk down the only path, as the dense amount of mana hanging in the hallway suffocated her.

It was always like this, the moment she lay her body down here to rest... mana gradually accumulates around the area until it leaks into the hallway making it suffocating. It took her a while before she has gotten used to the suffocating amount of mana lingering in the hallway. Thus one of the reasons why she never told anyone about this location... not even the Cardinal knows the exact location of this place.

Haviona glanced around to make sure no one is following her before muttering something under her breath. Then and there, a narrow door appeared in front of her.

Quietly entering the room, the door closes behind her before it disappears. Her skin tingles the moment she enters the said room as she is greeted by the aromatic scent of roses. There is a vase of fully bloomed red roses placed above the bedside table.

"I ought to remember to clean this place..." she mutters under her breath the moment she observed the dust gathering on the floor and some on the wooden table.

The room is a private comfy one, with one wooden table in the middle along with two wooden chairs. A medium-sized bed that seems to be covered with a glass-like barrier. Inside the barrier, laying in the small bed is a sleeping figure. The figure did not wake or even flinch even when Haviona drag one of the wooden chairs near the bed.

The figure possesses red hair that has long grown, and her body has gone frail from not moving for a long time. Her chest rose ever so slowly from time to time, signaling that she is still alive.

"I'm back... Sister," she spoke in a soft voice as she glances at the laying figure.

It's been years since she last heard her sister's voice and the sound of her laughter has faded from her memories. She does not comprehend the reason why she hasn't woken up for a very long time, and yet she will keep hoping. That one day... one day she will be able to finally find the answer to this situation.

And yes, the one laying in the bed, sleeping so soundly is the missing Duchess of the Redmond family... Duchess Lianna Emillia Redmond.

"I have found traces of your mana from your youngest daughter, Errissa," she started as she heaved a deep sigh.

"I should have known that you ended up passing some of your mana to her. After all, she has remained your favorite among your children. But I will set that aside for now. Since I finally have something to help you, wake up from your current state. I will not let her leave my side until she is in her strongest and purest state. Until then, sleep tight my dear sister. I will take care of everything until the moment you finally woke up."