Chapter 84 : Family...?

"Errissa! Please calm down! My child please!"

My body tenses the moment she calls me her child. How dare she address me as her child after everything she put me through!

"No! Don't you dare call me your child when you haven't acted like a mother!" I glare at her as I push her away from me.

"I only did everything for us! I merely desire us to be together once more! One family!" she said as she grab ahold of my arm while staring at me desperately.

Disgusting! What did she say? She merely desired us to be one family? Ha! What kind of feeble joke is that!

I already had a family! A family that for once did not treat me like a pawn to be used! They treat me like a precious gem! A treasure that no one can replace! They treat me like their child! They treat me with care and love! That I did not once experience in this so-called family of hers!

"Family...?" I recite the word with so much venom lace in my tone that made both Auntie and my 'mother' flinch.

"We were never a family to begin with! Sure we are related by blood, but that's it! Do you have any idea what I have been through over and over again in that cursed house! Because of that duke, your so-called husband!"

By now tears are spilling from her eyes as she continues to tighten her grip on me as Auntie continues to listen on the sidelines.

The anger that is filling my veins and pulsing through my heart... made me let everything I have been suppressing deep within my heart out in the open.

I let everything out as my mana began to suffocate her which caused her grip on me to weaken. And yet it wasn't enough to make her let go. Instead, she hauls me down to her and wraps her arms around me.

"Let go! I said let go!" I lash at her, and I began whacking her with my hand. Instead of retaliating with my hit, she let me be as she pulls me closer to her so that I can hear the thumping of her heart.

I hate this! What does she think she is doing?! Does she think that my hate for her will disappear with just a hug?! Ha!

"Are you deaf? I said let go! Let go of me! What do you believe this will accomplish?! Does hugging me will erase all the trauma and abuse I have experienced?! All the lives I have lost with every death ending they put me through?! Will this erase this never-ending nightmare that YOU put me through! Huh?? Answer me!"

I can feel tears start brimming in the corner of my eyes from all the emotion I am feeling as my heart continue to twist in pain.

Why? Why was I put in this kind of situation? What was the reason for everything that is happening? Why am I chosen for this kind of play? Why me?!

"No... N-no. It will never erase everything that happened. It will never erase all the trauma that has broken your heart. I-- *HIC!* I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I--If only I managed to turn back the time before the accident then you would not experience everything again. I'm sorry my child," she sobs as her tears dampened my hair.

She has the gall to cry?! When she is the one who caused this?! And what? She wants to revert time before the accident? Ha! Hahahahah!! THAT IS HER AIM THIS WHOLE TIME?! Yet she lied that she was doing this for our sake!

F this! I experience this nightmare over and over again for the umpteenth time all because she cannot go back before that freaking accident!!