Chapter 78 : The TRUTH (1)

Errissa's eyes flutter open, glancing around her surrounding she realized that she is back within the safety of her room.

"Ugh... what happened?" sitting down on her bed, she clutches her throbbing head.

Her body feels heavy, as she began to recall bits and pieces of the event that happened last night.

'Ah? That is right! I destroyed the cardinal's core last night. That was the first time I had witnessed such sight.'

"My lady, are you awake?" a soft voice spoke as Sara enters the room rolling a cart of food.

"Sara? What time is it?" Errissa asks as she glances at her.

Sara looked completely fine despite the chaos that happened that night. She is still dressed in complete white just like how they are supposed to dress within the Temple.

"It's past eight-thirty, my lady. I did not wake you up as I know you are still tired from what happened last night," Sara answers as she starts preparing Errissa's breakfast on the small table they have inside their room.

Their usual wake-up time would be either seven or seven thirty in the morning.

"Ah? That's right... what happened to him, the cardinal?"

Errissa rise from her bed as she took a look at the breakfast that was being prepared by Sara. A simple dish consisting of newly baked bread, soft butter, grilled fish, and chicken soup.

"The crown prince is currently questioning him."

"And Auntie?"

Although the Saintess was an accomplice of the cardinal, she would not be removed from her position as she is being protected by the Queen.

Yes, the Queen has vouched for her innocent. It was due to both of them working together to help the mistresses of the king to escape the kingdom. All the mistresses that were supposed to be killed by the King, their bodies were sent to the Temple in secret and were healed by the saintess.

The Queen made sure that all the poison that the king is using to kill them, will only make them in a state where they would appear dead. But in reality, they are merely unconscious until the saintess heals them. After that, she will give them new identities as they worked temporarily under the temple's care.

Those that want to live a new life outside the Temple will be sent as part of one of the missionaries of the Temple. Once they arrived at their assigned location, they are free to live the life they want.

Errissa only found out about this because she managed to talk to one of the sisters that were once the King's plaything until he got tired of her and made her drink a cup of poison. She woke up inside the Temple while being healed by the Saintess after that.

"She is currently been locked up in her room. As the investigation is still ongoing, everyone that is involved with the experiments has been locked up and being questioned, one by one."

'Well, she will be free soon enough.'

Errissa only nods her head in response as she washes her face on the basin that Sara has prepared.

"Oh, that is right my lady. Rupert came last night to pay you a visit," Sara mentioned as she recalls the way he panicked last night from witnessing Errissa's messed-up state.

If she did not convince him to leave before any guards found him then he will probably have been locked up somewhere. Since, as of now, all the members of their guild are wanted because of their attack outside the capital.