Chapter 45 : ̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶T̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶

"Ah... doesn't she look adorable with her hair color like that?" Alaric mutters as he watches from above the roof, the three siblings enjoying the year-end festival.

While Aiden is standing beside him, observing the events that are happening below them. He has sneak away from the Tower the moment he has heard that the Redmond siblings will participate in the festival.

"...I supposed so," Aiden responds as he too, continues to watch the trio, yet his eyes kept on staring at a particular someone.

"Mhm~, why don't you try joining them?" Alaric suggested as he tries to stop himself from grinning widely.

He has been observing his friend from the moment they saw the siblings from afar. The one that Aiden has been observing, is not the one that he is talking about.

"Why should I? Like you have said before, this is the first time those three will enjoy themselves like this. It is better to allow them to bond and mend their relationship on their own. Moreover, weren't you supposed to be keeping that Duke busy?" Aiden answers as he glances at his friend.

He was surprised the moment he has learn that Alaric has allowed Errissa to step out of the mansion... especially because of the recent attacks that were happening outside the capital. They have managed to keep the news from spreading, so no one aside from them is aware of it.

'They haven't given up on trying to get her,' he quietly thought to himself as he clench his fist tightly.

The mercenary group Black Blossom Association or BBA for short. It is a mercenary group that has grown over the past years with the help of its leader, who is known by the name Lael. He is the one that leads the escape mission back into the prison. They once have a base inside the capital, but it was raided and destroyed by Ishiki as per the Crown Prince's order. Now they are staying at their base inside a Count's territory.

Both of them are wearing black cloaks that are concealing their faces while hiding on the roof. They have knights that are also hiding in the dark that is keeping an eye on their surroundings. After all, the one he is with right now is the future King of this Kingdom.

"He is having a remarkable meeting with mother and his majesty about the wedding. Her majesty is making sure that he will enjoy his time there."

"You mean by making him drunk?" Aiden asks with his eyebrow rose.

"Precisely," Alaric answer with a smile on his lips. They both know that the Queen will make sure to make the Duke drunk so he won't be able to leave the main palace that easily.

Aiden shivered from the expression of the Prince before directing his attention back to the three Redmond siblings.

"Have you heard from Ishi yet? I feel like it has been a long while since he has shown his face," Aiden asks as he shifts the topic.

Alaric let out a chuckle as he witnesses Lia finish eating her food with a satisfied smile on her face. Before she went to order another batch for her and Errissa. Both of them have been doing nothing but trying out all the food stalls.

"What should I do? I think I have fallen in love with Lia again..." he quietly mumbles as he let out a sigh.

Aiden only rolls his eyes as he took a step away from the Prince.

"Don't worry about him. He will come back before the wedding. And...if his mission is a success, we will gain a new alliance with a formidable group," he answers the moment he felt the glare Aiden has given him.

"A formidable alliance? Don't tell me... is it them?" he asks as he raises his eyebrow in surprise.

'Is it possible to form an alliance with that Kingdom?' Aiden ponders quietly while observing the Prince's face.