Chapter 93 : A Forgotten History

"The history of this kingdom... describes a dragon terrorizing the ancient city not knowing the full truth behind it. This kingdom was once a land of dragons and humans alike. It was once peaceful between us. But the moment they found out about our transformation... that we can transform into these huge giants with wings! They have become terrified of us."

Ah... this is the past that Rosaline was talking about. The part of history that was burned and forgotten.

Back then, humans don't know anything about the dragon transformation. They only know about their different mana. They thought that the villagers living in the ancient city were part of an advanced clan thus they have different mana. At that time the transformation happened... One of the villagers has finally unlocked her transformation and turned into a gray-scaled dragon.

That is when things turn dark really fast.

"I still can hear the cries of my brothers and sisters as they were taken away to be killed by those knights. They all celebrated and danced around their bodies while the rest of us who haven't learned to transform sought our best to stay hidden within them."

Because of what they have witnessed, they hunted down all of those who originally lived in the ancient city and executed every last one of them.

"...What about the black dragon?"

All I know about Rosa's past is that she used herself as bait to rampage around the city so that the main focus would be on her. And when they cannot kill her, they sent requests for help.

"The black dragon? She is the last one that managed to fully transform before those pesky mages tried to seal away her power. With all her might she tried to fight them. She tried to free everyone, and when the tides turned. They issued a request to each and every place they can reach, pleading for their help to slay the black dragon. And that is when that white knight emerged."

White knight? The first duchess! Out of everyone who tried to defeat the black dragon, she is the only one who manages to injure her the most. And ultimately the one who struck her with the sword that was made of fairies wings... but not before she put a curse on her. Thus, the whole being reborn all over again until she finds the one who will undo the curse.

Honestly, what is with this family and their obsession with these repeated lives?

"If it weren't for the first duchess, she would not have been killed! My little sister... my dear Alina," he mutters her name so softly as his eyes seem to be watching the scene all over again.

Alina? N-no way! This is impossible! Just how old is this guy?

"Alina! Are you saying Alina is your sister?!"

She never informed me about having a brother! Well... she never mentioned anything about her family in the first place.

"You... You know Alina? Could it be...? Tell me, is she the other dragon you were talking about??" His voice quiver as desperation can be seen in his eyes.

Rosaline... this is insane! I cannot believe I found your brother! Did she perhaps put a spell on me or something that will make me track down those who have dragon blood??

I mean it all started with her, and when my father found out about her extraordinary power. Then came Aiden, who has dragon blood, and now this guy...

"Well..." How do I explain this?

No, wait! How did we even find this topic?? We aren't supposed to talk about this! But... Seeing the pitiful look on his face and knowing this will be the last time he will know something about his sister before his death.