00.05

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | five 」   ❛❛ innocent act ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | five
❛❛ innocent act
╚═══════════════╝

AS SHE TALKS TO her parents, she seems calm and collected. Almost innocent. Nothing like the bombshell from the bar. Her fully-manicured hands stay clasped in front of her, her posture is no longer relaxed—but rigid.

She doesn't speak. Not while her parents are speaking, she waits for them to conclude before opening her mouth and letting her words free.

It's kind of scary how quickly someone's entire personality can change in under a minute.

"Who are you and how do you know my daughter?" Her father asks, and she looks to me with an almost pleading look—begging me not say fuck up. Like I would—well not intentionally anyway.

"My name is Elian Arquette, son of Julien and Ira Arquette—the hosts of this event. And I don't actually know your daughter per se, we just met. But if you'll excuse me I think my sisters are looking for me." I don't miss the shocked look on her face as I walk away and I try my best to hide my shock at the fact that her parents are Kenji and Sena Saito. Sure everyone in this building is loaded, but the Saito's come from a long line of old money.

No wonder my father sent out an invitation to them. He wants them as allies because it would be dumb to have them as enemies. Especially while building his empire. Having them as enemies would cause his company to crash and burn before it even got the chance to rise up from the ashes.

If you can't beat them, join them.

I guess.

As I'm passing the table full of different foods, I catch sight of Denali shoving croquettes down her throat two at a time

As I'm passing the table full of different foods, I catch sight of Denali shoving croquettes down her throat two at a time. Her cheeks are red as she does it, meaning she's either nervous or about to choke. And I start walking toward her just in case it's the latter.