00.21

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | twenty-one 」   ❛❛ i used to know you so well ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | twenty-one
   ❛❛ i used to know you so well
╚═══════════════╝

I DECIDED THAT DELETING all social media and my entire Pornhub account, is what's best for me right now.

"I don't really see the point of deleting them, people are going to talk regardless. But it's your decision if you want to listen." Hayden says, running a hand over my head.

"I think we should just kill him." Riley says from at the foot of my bed as he tries to find my stash of oatmeal cookies.

Rhys sits in my desk chair, twirling around as he stares at his phone." Well, I think you should just do what you want."

"Why is he here again?" Riley asks, narrowing his eyes at Rhys.

"For moral support, of course."

"Hayden and I are here for moral support."

"Moral...right." Riley has always had some weird and unspoken animosity toward Rhys growing up and it hasn't changed since.

"I say we go shopping, Woodbridge Mall is only a couple of minutes away. And paparazzi doesn't bother to go there when they know you only go to American Dream."

"I can't, I have to make it to Rivyn's last soccer game." I check the watch on my wrist, "In an hour."

"He still plays footy? Good for him," Rhys's eyes find a picture of Rivyn in his soccer uniform on the wall by my desk. He looks at it for a moment before smiling.

"I'm his biggest fan. I wouldn't miss his last game for the world." I've been to every single one of his games, witnessing the thrill of every victory and the solemnity of every loss.

My phone starts ringing, blowing up with messages and I don't have to check to know who it is. "He's still calling you?" The three of them ask simultaneously, but I don't answer.

"Block him," I say to Hayden and she looks wary and indecisive. Finally she sighs in resignation as I look for something to wear. Without looking back, "You two, out." Directing my words toward Rhys and Riley so I can get changed.

"Nothing I haven't seen before, dimples."

"Yeah, when were 9. Now get." They both exit the room as I scourge through my closet, throwing around shirts, pants, shoes, and leaving a trail of them in my wake.