00.20

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | twenty 」   ❛❛ past lovers ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | twenty
❛❛ past lovers
╚═══════════════╝

"LET ME TAKE YOU out today," I say to Isla and she shakes her head. "Not on a date, as a thank you for helping me with the company. Not to deflate your ego or anything, but I only have eyes for Arsyn. And no offense, but you're not her."

"How would the media feel about you taking your ex out to lunch, when you're with Arsyn Saito?"

"I don't give a fuck about how the media feels, I just want to say thank you."

"And what about how Arsyn feels? I'm not getting caught up in your drama, I don't want any problems. Did you even let her know?"

"I haven't talked to Arsyn in three weeks."

"I'm not even going to ask. But sure, you can thank me with lunch only if Emory and Casey are going to be there."

"Fine."

"I'll have the bacon burger, no tomato

"I'll have the bacon burger, no tomato. And I'll have a side of fries with that too."

"Fries come with the order." The waiter says to Isla.

"Then I'll get a side of Mac and cheese."

"I'll have the same, but without bacon and with tomato." Emory says, while Casey orders a vegan option.

Then the waiter turns to me. "I'll have the chicken katsu, vegetable lo mein, and a side of kimchi fried rice."

"So you start dating a half-Japanese girl and all of a sudden you're eating stuff I didn't even know existed." Isla says, smiling slightly.

"You didn't know they existed because you live under a rock, and by the way Kimchi is mostly associated with Korea, not Japan. But yes, she introduced me to those foods."