00.13

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | thirteen 」   ❛❛ watching porn in my livingroom ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | thirteen
   ❛❛ watching porn in my livingroom
╚═══════════════╝

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN don't try to fight for custody of you guys?" They must be out of their goddamn minds.

"We're turning 18 in three months, I'm sure we can wait it out. We came to the decision that you should just focus on getting the company. It's your birthright anyway. You already have over 15% shares, just use that to your advantage."

"I don't give a damn about my birthright. I just want it out of their hands so they can't hurt anyone, ever again. And once I have it, I don't know what I'll do yet."

"And you will. Dad is practically MIA, and I haven't heard much from mom since the night of that random social event she planned. But we'll just focus on the last couple of months of school, and we'll be fine. We'll be moving away for college soon, anyway. UCLA remember?" How could I forget? They're moving to the other side of the country for god's sake. My heart clenches at the thought of being so far away from them so soon, but they're growing up and that's something I'll just have to deal with.

I pull them both in, tucking their heads into my neck as their arms wrap around my midsection. "I love you guys, and when you get out of here. Live your life, please. I'll deal with mom and dad." They murmur their love you's back.

They both pull away and Denali hoists her backpack up with one arm, considering the other is obsolete at the moment.

"By the way, did you ever get your film done?" Her tints cheek pink and she nods her head. Nayeli scoffs from behind me, but I decide to ignore it. It's probably some twin telepathy thing. They've done it all the time growing up, and I won't strain myself to try and understand.

"Alright guys, get going. You don't want to be late for class, again." Since our mother's number isn't in the school records and mine is, I get a voicemail every time they're tardy or absent. Let's just say that automated voice really gets on my nerves.

We say our goodbyes as I clean up the kitchen, checking the box of the date on the refrigerator calendar. Monday, March 21st.

Just as I grab my car keys, the front door opens. My mother looking shriveled up and—not her usual self, comes walking in. I don't say a word, I walk right past her toward the front door. "The mouth on that girl friend of yours is going to get her in trouble."

I don't turn around to look at her, my hand freezes on the doorknob. "Mark my words mother, if you touch her. I'll kill you with my bare hands, and I'll enjoy every second of it." And with that, I slam the front door open not bothering to close it behind me.