3. A new home p1

Candice POV:

I'm sitting in an armchair at the Avengers Tower, where we've been living for a while, little Braden on my lap. We're all waiting for Ash to tell us the mansion is complete. It hasn't taken us as long as it normally would, because not only have we had people in who know what they're doing, but we've all been helping too, wherever we can, whether that be designing, carrying heavy things, painting, putting furniture together or even just doing the shopping for it all. When I say all of us, I of course don't mean any of the children, but I do mean the Asgardians, our allies and even the Wakandans.

While we've been living back at the tower, we've never all been here, there's been so much to do; working on the mansion, working with SHIELD, the Military and the Police to set up codes, plans in case of emergencies and updating their equipment so anything approaching Earth can be detected early on. When the mansion was almost complete, a couple of days ago, Regina and Ash have refused us entry, telling us they want at least the final result to be a surprise. We're also pretty sure Ash is planning a party for once we've been shown around. Not that we mind, we could all do with a bit of fun.

Friday tells us "Everyone is to pack the last of their belongings and report to the main living room." I'm already here, so I look to the elevator when I hear it ding. Regina steps out, a smile on her face "Hey Candice, hi Braden." She approaches us and I stand up, with Braden in my arms, I lean over and kiss my soulmate. When Braden makes a little noise in protest, we pull away from each other, me chuckling and Regina blushing like crazy. Braden makes grabby hands at Regina, but she frowns a little "Sorry Bray, Mommy is hurt, she can't hold you." Regina gives Braden a little kiss on the forehead and he wipes at it with a disgusted look on his face, making us both laugh. Once everyone else, other than Ash, has arrived, we leave all of the children with Regina and Peter Parker.

We leave the quinjet for those staying behind, and instead take our vehicles, since we need to get them home anyway. Only Stacey's and Nian's motorbikes survived Thanos, so we don't have to worry about getting those there. We (Suzie, Nian, Stacey, Anna, Warren and Prisha) take four serperate vehicles, since we also have luggage for everyone in the family, and it means we're then moving all but one of the cars, which we can keep here, since we're still keeping this building as Avengers Headquarters. Prisha and I are the first to leave.

When we get through the gate to our property, Prisha, beside me, finally stops chattering. I didn't mind, in fact, it was adorable, but she barely took a breath the whole journey, so excited for our new home.

I wonder how much different it's going to be from how it was before. I haven't seen nearly enough of it to know.

We take the short drive through the forest and turn left, into the large clearing "Wow." "It's beautiful." It's changed a lot. Unlike before, when the trees only opened up on the left, there is now an opening on the right, just too small for a car to squeeze through.

Have to check that out later, I thought that was just more forest.

Following the road left, it opens up into the very large field, though it feels a lot smaller than it was, due to there now being four buildings present, taking up more ground space and height. As soon as the road leaves the forest it goes left, to four car spaces beside the two storey guest house, or right to the three storey garage which now has five garage doors, the extra one about half the width. Ahead of us, where there's no more road, there's a grey stepping stone path leading up to a tall (about 6 stories tall) thin tower, but before the path reaches the tower, it splits out in both directions. On the left is a large two storey building and on the right is a huge four storey building. All five buildings are made of light grey bricks, black window frames, black doors and black roofs (though the garage door is metal and another opens up on the roof for the quinjet to land inside the top floor).