2. Saving Vilena

COULSON POV:

I video chat the Avengers "I've got a mission for you. You ever hear of an island called Vilena?" Most of the team say no, while Anna says "Yeah. It's a little island in the Gulf." "That's right. There are resources on that island that the US Government are very interested in. But a General has overthrown the half-ass government. Their government is having such a problem with this General, they want him dead. They've made a deal, we take him out, we get to discuss how much of their resources they're willing to hand over to us. They're upping the amount if it's the Avengers who take care of him." I go through all the details with the team "There's probably about 6000 people on the island." Prisha asks "How many soldiers?" "Maybe a couple of hundred." Nian says "It wouldn't take much more than that to control a space that small." Suzie takes a sip of her drink "Great, they've got a small army. What do we got? 8 and a half Avengers." Everyone looks at Peter, who's blushing, and laughs. 

ANNA POV:

Stace, Nian and I decide to scout ahead, to make sure we aren't walking into unknown territory as a full group. We take a seaplane. During the flight, we listen to 1940's music, Nian really doesn't mind it. The three of us arrive, landing on the water, and step out, looking different to usual. We all have a vest with lots of pockets, Stace has a few pens sticking out of them, plus a notepad, is wearing a pair of glasses and a fishing-style hat. And I have a camera hanging around my neck, a sun hat on my head. We tie our plane up and walk into the building, approaching a desk. There are a few soldiers sitting in there, I smile at them "Morning." And when we arrive at the desk, Nian talks to the guard behind it "Morning. Speak English?" He gives us a stiff nod. We put our fake passports on the desk. The guard looks at the passports, then at us.

He looks suspicious. Not good.

"Big plane, huh?" Nian replies "Yeah, we use it to transport injured animals." "Why are you here?" Stace answers "Ornithologists." I hold up my camera "We're photographing exotic birds." The guard looks at one of the soldiers behind them, then back at us. After a moment of silence, he stamps our passports.

As the three of us are walking along, we hear a vehicle honk. We look back to see a military vehicle carrying soldiers. We quickly enter an alley, so we can see but not be seen. Civilians scamper out of the way as well, panic rushing through them. There's a broken down car in the middle of the road and the military vehicle hooks at them. I have the camera held to my chest and Stace asks "You rolling?" "Yep." The soldiers decamp and a car behind does too, a large man dressed in black, with a silencer gun in his hand steps out, holding his gun out "You, you, move the car!" While several soldiers push the car aside, the others push the brave civilians away, roughly. Nian says "Get the suit, tighten up on the suit." I adjust where the camera is focusing on, now pointing to a man in a smart suit." Stace is shocked at how the military are treating the civilians "Look at these clowns, hand picked monkeys." The man in black puts his gun away and shouts commands at the soldiers, in Spanish, telling them to get back in the truck. The soldiers climb back up, the two men get back in the car behind. Nian asks "What's wrong with this picture?" Stace replies "Everything." I nod "Let's get out of here."

We hire a car and drive around, as we do so, we see soldiers mistreating civilians all over the place. After getting directions and a map, we make our way towards the Palace, when we're almost there, we pull over so I can get out and get a different point of view. We all turn our earpieces on and I walk into the forest surrounding us, while the other two continue driving. In the distance, I can see my soulmates stop at a fence, Stacey says "The area ahead is military. Civilians aren't allowed. There are no cameras on the fence and we're quite a distance from the Palace itself, but keep your eyes peeled. I hear a helicopter approaching and see it landing by the Palace off in the distance. Suddenly a military truck comes out from around a corner of trees, I can hear a soldier shouting in Spanish through the earpiece. I start sprinting towards my soulmates, as the soldiers get out and form a line in front of them, guns trained on the pair. They switch to English "Stop! What are you doing here?" The soldiers are about to attack the pair, when I come to a stop in nearby trees and start shooting. Together we take them all out, shooting, kicking, punching and throwing knives. Unfortunately Stacey couldn't bring her shield and though my metal arm would be useful right now, I'll never wish for it back.

We quickly get back into the car and speed away, on the way, Stace says "If we get out of here first time, it's a miracle." We drive through the narrow streets, occasionally knocking things over, people scattering out of our way. We pull up at the harbour, and I say "I got the guys inside." Stace nods "Give Nian and I a 60 second lead." "Got it." As Nian and Stace hurry to the plane to get it untied and the engine started, I count, then sneak into the building. The engine starts up and gains the attention of the soldiers inside, which I take as my chance to stop them in their tracks, I also take out the guard and the security camera. As I'm running towards the plane, several military trucks and the car, pull up. Nian shouts out the window "Come on!" Stace starts moving them forward, knowing I'll catch up. I run as fast as I can and leap at the end of the decking, mashing to grab the open doorway, but getting soaked in the process. I spit out water and the soldiers below start shooting. Nian leaves his seat to help me inside, managing to do so before I get shot. We lift off the surface of the water and we all take a breath.

We made it. Phew! Ugh, I'm fucking soaked!

We move onto plan B. Stace flies us up high and takes a wide turn around the island. Nian asks "Going back?" "Yeah." Stace and I share a smirk, I says "Fry and die." Nian nods "Let's do it." I grab a flare gun and put it in my pocket, I then climb down into a hatch that brings me back up, poking out of a hatch close to the nose of the plane. It's windy out here. In front of me are some controls, I click a button that activates four machine guns, two on each side. I give my soulmates a thumbs up and Stace lines us up with the harbour and starts to dive down, still a way away. My hair barely stays in its bun, sunglasses protecting my eyes as we descend at incredible speed. As soon as I see the decking and I'm within range, I start shooting all four machine guns at the soldiers we're approaching. When we're almost on top of them, I stop shooting and Nian flips a switch that opens a compartment at the back and pours out gasoline across the decking. Once we've just passed the decking, I face backwards and shoot the flare gun, blowing the bridge up. I cheer and climb back inside. Nian kisses me as soon as I'm on my feet "Good job."