6. The Games: Episode 4

REGINA POV:

We decide to not only bury the team leaders, but also to make them look like mascots. I speak up "Alright, let's bury some of the Avengers and make our mascots." The event is very loud, as everyone is talking at once, making their suggestions and making jokes. After Nian and Ash are both fully covered in sand, other than their faces, Nian has shorts carved into the sand, plus a surfboard. While Ash gets a shell bra and a tail. Then everyone gets up says goodbye, walking away together, leaving the team leaders under the sand. Ash comments "This is actually very heavy on my body. Nian, how are you doing over there?" You know, it's uh, slightly comforting. But I also have a feeling that if somebody doesn't rescue us right now, we could probably die." "Yeah. It feels kinda good, like I'm being held by a mother or I'm in a womb. But sometimes it's very hard to breathe and I can feel my blood pulsing through my skin." "I can feel that, too. My entire body is pulsating." "Yeah, it's so weird when you're being crushed." "Yeah." "Blood flowing through your body." "It's cool. Maybe that's just us dying right now." "I don't know. Everyone ditched us." "Yep." "Try to get out." "Okay, you ready?" "Yeah, one." "Two." "Three." They both force their way out, Ash groans "Oh, that's so heavy!"

All back in front of the camera again, I say "We're at the beach and we thought, why not try a little skimboarding?" While people have a go with the board, the others joke and banter with each other. Candice tries first, but ends up jumping off the board before she can fall off.

0 points.

Suzie tries and doesn't actually do too bad.

+1 point.

Ash tries, but ends up skipping over the board.

0 points.

Nian manages to go a few feet.

+1 point.

Warren stands with the board for a few moments and the others try to encourage him "Not yet. Not yet." Rhodes says "He's waiting for his wave." When Warren goes, he does the best one so far, causing everyone to cheer.

+2 points.

As Tasia stares at the waves rolling in, Suzie shouts "Hurry up! Winter's coming!" Tasia doesn't do so well.

0 points.

They manage to encourage me to have a go, but I'm the first to face plant the wet sand, the board shooting away from me. Stacey walks up to the camera "My aim going in, is fail, but don't fail the worst out of everyone." She practically skips over the board.

0 points.

Peter is next to have a go, he drops the board but it doesn't go anywhere, he tries again and the same thing happens, then when he tries a third time, he lands on his ass in the water, then flops onto his back in defeat "I failed!"

-2 points.

Prisha tries, but ends up on her butt, too.

-1 point.

Anna ends up running over the board and ending up on her knees in the waves.

-1 point.

All Rhodes manages to do is step on the board.

0 points.

Scott doesn't even want to have a go, even when the others cheer him on. When Candice tries again, she fails but not too badly.

0 points.

Suzie manages a few feet.

+1 point.

Ash ends up on her back in the waves.

-2 point.

And Nian almost runs into the ocean.

0 points.

Candice tries again and ends up on her butt, somehow facing the way she came, rather than the way she was facing before.

-2 points.

We spend a couple of hours building two huge sandcastles, which we time-lapse, then we take turns grabbing weapons from a box and trying to demolish the other team's castle. But they're pretty resilient to water and nervous darts, so we move onto balls. While one team pelts the other castle with tennis balls, the other team comes up with an idea, all the women take off their bras and use them as catapults. Tasia ends up smirking at the camera, saying she has an amazing idea, then picks up the nearest person, who ends up being a male on the opposite team, and throws him at his own castle with a shout. She then looks back at the camera "Sister, I found help." Then she grins.