6. Easter egg hunt

PRISHA POV:

We've decided to have an Easter egg hunt. We're all gathered into the living room "Morning, it's Easter today!" There's lots of cheering "Warren and I thought we could have an Easter egg hunt. We've hidden eggs of all different sizes all around this field and the next. Some have little chocolates in, some have other prizes inside." Warren adds "And there are 7 large eggs, each child can only have 1 of them." "Everyone's going to partner up. Warren and I can't take part. Lucy, who do you want as your partner?" "Ma!" That's Ashley "Maria?" "I wanted Ma!" She starts to sulk and latches onto Tasia "Alright, you can be paired together. Braden, who do you want?" He doesn't respond, so Candice slowly signs to him, since she's been teaching the kids sign language. Braden then grabs Candice, so we accept he is with him mother "Joseph, who do you want?" He runs to Anna, who grins at her and sticks her tongue out at Stacey, who just laughs "Frigga, who do you want?" "M-ommy." Ash thinks a moment "Gina, that's you." Regina's eyebrows go up "It is? You want me, Frigga?" She nods and Regina smiles "Scarlet?" She looks at Stacey, who picks her up and put her on her lap "Alright, last is Lavina. Who do you want, Lavina?" She thinks about it quite a while, before running to Suzie. Warren steps out of the room and returns with 7 white baskets "Everyone ready to collect some eggs?" Before they get up, I say "They are located all over the place, there are even some in this room. Ready... set... go!" All the pairs run off in different directions, some stay in the room, some leave to go upstairs, outside or through a door. Warren and I bought 50 small eggs which contain either a little chocolate, a little sweet or a little fluffy brightly coloured chick. We bought 25 medium sized eggs that each hold a small amount of coins, some Easter craft items, or a fake flower with a cute message or joke on it. Then the 7 larger eggs have a surprise in them for each kid.

Warren and I keep checking in on the teams, watching as they search fir eggs. We made sure to put the eggs in some very difficult places and some in very easy ones, so that the adults with the youngest kids can direct them to easiest eggs first, while those with the older kids can try and steer them away from the easier eggs and encourage them to search in everything for the more difficult ones. After 30 minutes, we gather everyone in the living room to check how many everyone has and how many are left. Lucy has 4 small eggs, 9 medium eggs and a large "Where did you find your large egg?" "In the shower." "Good job. Keep searching. Maria has 11 small eggs and 4 medium eggs "great job. You should see if you can find some more medium eggs, they're the really fun ones." Braden has 3 small eggs, 15 medium eggs and a large one "Wow, Braden! Look how good you've done, so many eggs!" Joseph has 5 small eggs, 1 medium egg and a large egg "Good job, keep going, Joseph." Next is Frigga, who has 12 small eggs "Woah! Look at all those eggs!" Scarlet has found 8 small eggs and a large one "Good job, Scarlet." And lastly, Lavina has found 5 small eggs and a large one "That's great, Lavina." I check my numbers.

2 more small ones left, Lavina is pretty low.

I whisper to Suzie "There are 2 more small ones, I think it's fair Lavina gets them." Warren offers to search with the pair, since he can hopefully help them. There's only one more medium egg to be found, I go to Anna "There's one more medium egg, I'll help you find it." "Thanks." I pull Nian and Vina aside "Warren and I are helping find the last few with specific kids. Maria and Frigga still need to find a large egg." I pull a piece of paper out of my pocket "I wrote the locations of the large eggs, if you find out which ones Ash, Candice and Stacey have already found and search the other locations. But don't let them open them yet." "Sure." I head off with my group and together we manage to find the last medium egg for Joseph. When we return to the living room, Warren isn't back with the other group yet, but all large eggs have been found, none opened yet. Everyone's looking through the other prizes, eating and just having fun. As soon as the last team have returned, having found the very last of the eggs, I place each of their large eggs in front of them, they're various colours "Everyone ready to open the big eggs?" "YEAH!" They're all so excited, apart from the twins who are half asleep, so I hurry up "Let's have the twins open theirs first." Stacey and Suzie help the twins open their eggs, inside they find plushies. Scarlet's is a Thumper plush and Lavina's is a Daisy Duck plush. Frigga gets a Donald Duck plush and Joseph gets a Judy Hopps plush, which they instantly swap, it's adorable. Braden gets a Winnie The Pooh Rabbit plush, Maria gets an Alice In Wonderland White Rabbit plush, and lastly Lucy gets a March Hare plush.