5. Old McDonald had a...

STACEY POV:

We take the kids to a farm for the first time, for a lesson. The first animal we see are cows, and as they're looking at them in wonder, Lucy and Maria start mooing, which gets the younger kids copying them. We even see a calf and explain to them that it's a baby cow.

Next we see some pigs, one of them comes right up to the fence to greet us and they all start oinking.

A chicken struts by us and Lavina starts screaming and crying, which gets Scarlet to do the same.

There are sheep and four lambs, the kids start baaing at them and want to stay for ages to watch them.

Every animal we stop in front of, we explain things about them, the older girls taking the information in. We take a break at a park, getting something to eat and playing with the kids on the play equipment, Frigga likes the swings so much that she doesn't want to get off.

Then we go to where the chickens are kept, though they can also just wonder around, like we already learnt. All of the kids, apart from Lucy, are scared of the chickens and require lots of cuddles and reassurance while we look at them. But they do settle down when they see the little fluffy chicks, especially because they get to stroke them.

Afterwards, there's a turkey, which once again scares all of them apart form Lucy, who makes noises at it and it makes noises back.

There's a pen of guinea pigs, which confuses the kids greatly when they hear the 'pig' part of the name.

There's a huge field of horses and donkeys, but none of them, apart from a small pony, come very close.

All of the kids love the fluffy rabbits, a staff member is sitting at the pen holding one, letting everyone, even us adults, pet it.

On our way out, one of the calfs is up by the fence and everyone wants to pet it, Joe calls it "Doggy." And we have to correct him.