Chapter Three - The Capitol

Hot showers are even better then they were said to be! I swear, I could have stood under that hot water all night until my skin began wrinkling like an old lady. I ran my hands through my shampooed hair and it had never felt softer. As the warm water ran down my bare skin I began thinking about home and about the Games.

I shouldn't have promised Kai that I'd come home, now he was going to watch the games and watch me die on that giant screen. He was going to watch it anyway I'm sure but I promised I'd come home.

Trying to get those thoughts out of my mind, I finally turned off the faucet and the warm water stopped raining down on me. I wanted to turn it back on but I'm sure the train had a limited supply of water so I'd have a better shower when I get to the Capitol.

Man, I was going to the Capitol.

And I was going to spend the last of my days in the Capitol. I didn't care for the luxury or the fame, if I had to spend my last days then I'd want to spend them with Kai. I wanted my brother but he wasn't here. It wasn't fair, none of this was fair.

I took the towel off of the rack and wrapped it around my soaked body. I found that it was way softer then the blankets we had at home. I snuggled with it until I finally felt dry enough to start dressing myself. I walked out of the bathroom and into my own room with the shut blinds and a fluffy bed that had so many pillows that I wouldn't be able to fit on the bed without throwing them off.

The clothes for me were laid out on the bed, a simple grey shirt and black leggings which I was very grateful for. There was a set of some kind of boots without laces that were incredibly fluffy on the inside like a baby kitten. I kicked them away, not caring for the shoes and sliding on a bra and underwear so that I wasn't completely naked. I then picked up the shirt, putting it over my head and adjusting it until it felt snug against my torso, and man it was nice shirt. As I picked up the pants to put on, I heard a knock on the door and before I could tell them not to come in he was already inside.

"Hey Reef- OH MY GOD, I am so sorry!" The boy suddenly turned around when he saw me half dressed and standing in the middle of the room frozen like a deer in headlights.

"Ohhhhhhh NO!" I exclaimed. "Oh God!"

"I am so sorry!" The boy said, trying to open the door and leave but was struggling to find the button that opened it. This lead to him just standing there, staring at the wall while I was just there in only a shirt underwear. This was like one of those high school level bad dreams come to freaking life.

"Oh my God, Finnick?!"

"Yeah, I am so sorry."

"Oh my God. " I said, feeling so red that I thought I was going to explode with embarrassment. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. Finnick. That's Finnick, your Finnick, Finnick is in my room."

"Yeah, and Finnick is trying to get out of your room but the button won't work." He responded, obviously feeling guilty that he just walked in on me getting dressed.

"Oh God, you saw my ass." I realized. "An incredibly hot man just saw my ass!"

"N-no, I didn't see your ass."

"Yes you did Finnick, don't lie to me!" I exclaimed and there was a pause from the boy.

"Okay, yes, I saw your ass..."

"Oh my God, this can't get any worse." I said to myself as I desperately tried putting on the pants, tripping over them and landing hard on the ground.

"Are you okay, do you need help?..." He asked.

"No, don't you dare turn around!" I shouted at him and all movement from the boy had ceased as I finally was able to put the pants on. "Okay, you're good." I told him and I could hear him let out a breath that he was probably holding during that awkward three minuets of our life.