Chapter Thirty-Seven - Bombs Rain

Kai

Katniss was taken back to District 12 with Gale and the rest of the team to record what happened there. It was Katniss's plan to use it to get back Peeta, whom of which was continuing to deteriorate on screen. Kit went with them while I stayed behind with Finnick, which wasn't my idea but Boggs ordered me to stay.

After they had returned, me and Finnick now walked to the cafeteria, hearing the mummers and whispers at tables about the most recent rebel attack. It was against the damn. They blew the entire thing, leaving no power in the Capitol. I will say, as always, Katniss always gets her message across to the people.

I took a seat at a table, turning my head to look at Kit and see him already looking at me. He smiled and then made his way over to the table, taking the seat next to me while Finnick sat in front of me.

"You doin okay?" I asked Kit, grabbing his hand and squeezing it under the table. "I know that must have been hard for you to go back."

"Yeah, but I needed it, you know?" He said and I nodded in understanding.

I then turned to Finnick, watching as he stared at the screen like he always did. I think he was hoping that at some point, he'd look and Reef would be there. She never was but a man can dream right?

I had been watching him closely for the past five years that he had been together with Reef. I watched how he reacted to her, what he did when they fought, how he dealt with her randomness and how he treated her. He was always patient with my sister but he wouldn't back down in an argument. But after an hour to cool down, he'd come back to her with a smile and a single flower from the market. He laughed at her randomness and he would make fun of her for being weird, but never in a bad way.

But even when I was still in protective older brother mode, thinking no one could be good enough for my little sister, Finnick did the unexpected. He volunteered for the Games so that Reef wasn't alone. He was willing to go back to the Games to make sure she was the one who made it home. Not all men would do that for her.

"You love my sister, yeah?" I asked and Finnick turned to me, nodding his head. I remember the old days when Finnick would blush if I ever brought it up. I know I still scared him so that was good.

"I do." He said and I nodded.

"You'd do anything for her?" I asked and now I could see the fear build on his face.

"I would die for Reef any day of the week." Finnick told me. "If I could, I would trade places with her right now."

"I know you would." I said and I now noticed Kit look at me, confused on where this was going with this conversation. "That's why I have something for you."

I then reached into my pocket, grabbing the object and holding it there, not moving. I had to do this, but letting go was going to be the hard part. It's hard to admit when you know your little girl doesn't need you anymore.

I then pulled out the object and placed it on the table. I then pushed it so that it sat in front of Finnick. Both the boys looked at it with shock, now knowing how to react to it.

In front of me was the ring I had been working on earlier, all finished and, in my opinion, perfect. The metal was a bright shiny grey and when worn, it would look like vines wrapping around your finger. In the middle of this was a deep blue piece of sea glass that was carved and shaped into a perfect gem.

Finnick still looked at the ring in shock.

"You take that and you marry my sister." I told him. "You make sure that she lives her best life with you."

You Are My Sunshine // A Finnick FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara