Chapter Six - Cage

The place was huge and there were stations left and right with some equipment that I've seen when Kai was in training but others I didn't even think existed. There were racks of different spears and tables of arrows and bows and knives, but it wasn't just weapons.

Different parts of the center had different themes like identifying poisonous berries, medical techniques and teachings, camouflaging, hunting, fire starting, fishing, and so much more. There were things I could learn here that I never thought I could learn ever. It was crazy.

"Gather round tributes!" A lady called from a raised stand in the middle of the center. Me and Tobias walked over, slowly separating from one another. I looked up to the giant panel of glass that separated, who I assumed was the Gamemakers, from us, the tributes. They were old men, all watching us carefully while others talked amongst each other as they studied us carefully.

I looked over to get a good look at the other tributes, see who my competition was, but I was taken aback by the first people I saw. They were kids, two young kids, maybe only twelve years old. The boy was small but he was taller then his fellow tribute that stood next to him. He had rich dark brown hair that was only long enough to cover his eyebrows if it wasn't combed back. His eyes were an amber brown with blue rings around the edges of his irises. He kinda reminded me of Kai.

Then there was the girl who was shorter but looked more mature. She had short blonde hair that only just fell to the bottom of her ears. She had pale skin and ocean blue eyes that shimmered in the light. Both she and the boy were wearing the same uniform as me, except they had the number 12 embroidered into their sleeves. That meant they had to be from District 12.

They both looked terrified and then the boy met eyes with me, obviously noticing me staring at them. I lifted up my hand and waved to him with a smile but he only just lifted the edge of his lips to give back a slight smile. He didn't wave back.

"In two weeks, only one of you will be alive, the rest of you will be dead." She started and I tried not being intimidated by that sentence. "The winner all depends on how wisely you spend your time here in training. There are rules, starting with no fighting in the center, you can do all that in the arena. You will have four compulsory activities, but after that, training will be individually. My advice, don't ignore the survival skills because while most of you want to grab a sword or a knife, the majority of you will die from natural causes."

"Well that's fun." I whispered under my breath and I noticed the little boy look over at me for a split second before paying attention again.

"Starting now, your training begins, so don't waste it. I'm going to give you one hour to look around and decide where you want to start, then you will do your first compulsory activity." The lady said. "You are now dismissed tributes." Then she walked off while I let all the information process through my head.

I turned, looking around at everything again, staring at the small range they had towards the back. There were targets the shapes of humans that it sent a shiver running down my spine so I looked away. My eyes skimmed down the fishing sections, glancing at the different sized hooks and ropes scattered across a table.

"Excuse me." I called and the lady who gave the speech came over to me. "How much of this is actually going to be in the arena?" I asked and she heaved a sigh.

"That all depends." She told me as she walked away, giving me literally NOTHING to work with.

"Ah yes, thank you, that was the exact answer I was looking for." I called out but she didn't acknowledge me so I walked past the fishing section so that I was near the medical room. There were human dummy's and bandages and medicines and recipes for medicines on the walls. I knew I was going to spend a lot of time here.