Chapter Twenty-Five - Jabberjays

Finnick

"REEF NO!" I shouted as I watched her take a knife to the shoulder and fall right into the water. She took Enobaria with her while I was powerless to do anything about it. Peeta was holding on for dear life as I held on to Beetee so he wouldn't fall.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the island began to slow down until it finally stopped. I released Beetee and got to my feet while Peeta did the same. I ran to the edge of the island, trying to find her but she was no where to be seen. I turned and looked at Peeta as he looked out to find Reef as well.

"Did you see where she went?" I asked him more aggressively then I meant to but Reef saved him and I was angry.

"No, I didn't." Peeta said, still looking out for her.

"What do you mean no?! She was right there!" I yelled at him but the boy tried to look compassionate. The thing is, he seemed tense, as if he thought I was going to kill him.

"She was, but then she fell in the water." Peeta said calmly but that irritated me.

"How the hell can you stay calm when she's out there on her own!"

"I'm not calm, but yelling at each other isn't going to help!" Peeta said back but more rage surged through my blood

"It sure as hell makes me feel better!"

"I hate to break this up." Beetee started and we both looked at him. "But Johanna found Katniss." He said and Peeta's whole demeanor changed, not taking a second thought before he bolted to go find her.

I looked back out to the rainforest one more time, hoping I'd see her but I didn't. There was nothing else to do so I followed after Peeta.

When we got there, Johanna was helping Katniss out of the water and on to the rock path. She was coughing up water and seemed to light up when Peeta found his way next to her. He held her tightly and I would have done anything to hold Reef like that right now. But I have no idea where the hell she went.

I have to find her.

"Let's just get what we need and get off this bloody island." Johanna said, letting Peeta take over while she walked over to the Cornucopia.

"Where's Reef?" I heard Katniss ask and I turned to her, watching as she looked around for Reef.

"Took a knife to her shoulder to save your man there." I told her and Katniss looked upset. "When we find her, you can thank her yourself. And she better be alive."

I know what I said sounded like a threat, but I meant it. If she wasn't alive, if I missed the cannon that signified her death and watched her face flash across the night sky, someone was going to die at my hand.

"I didn't hear a cannon." Peeta said and I wondered wether he could hear my thoughts for a second. "She's strong, she'll make it."

"I hope your right." I said and I know it sounded like a doubted her ability to survive cause I know she can. But it's important to remember that she's still human, she bleeds, and a knife to her shoulder and half of her ankle bitten off is going to lead to a lot of blood loss.

"She trained heavily in the medical feild right?" Johanna asked and now I assumed everyone could read my thoughts.

"She knows what she's doing." I said, trying hard to believe it. "Let's just do what we came here to do."

Reef

I took a deep breath as I tried standing back up on my two feet, but the moment I put pressure on my bad foot I fell. The dirt met my face and I screamed into my clenched teeth as the pain raced up my leg and radiated through my body. Not even the knife wound hurt this badly.