Chapter Fourty-Six - The 76th Annual Hunger Games

Reef

Me and Finnick sat on our bed, me cuddled up against his chest as he kissed my neck softly. The party was over too soon and everyone went back to their rooms. Me and Finnick were given our own space so that we could have some privacy as newlyweds. Kai went off with his new boy toy Kit and I was just excited for my 24 hours of bragging rights to commence.

I shifted my head so that I was facing the boy who looked at me like he never had before. I ran my hands through his hair and pulled him into my lips. He rolled over me as he kissed me more hungrily while I laughed. When Finnick pulled away, he looked deeply into my eyes and I looked deeply into his.

"So, Mr Odair, what's our honeymoon lookin like?" I asked him as he twirled strands of my hair around his finger.

"So Im thinking..." Finnick said, kissing my forehead. "Seen as Katniss just snuck out," He then kissed my cheek. "We may as well go to the Capitol," Now my jawline. "Kick some ass and win a war." The boy then leant down and pressed his soft lips against mine, kissing me passionately.

"God damn." I said, pushing him over so that now I was on top of him. "That was the sexiest thing I've ever heard, and I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda turning me on right now." I laughed and he laughed as well, wrapping his arms around my torso.

"Is that so?"

"Yup." I said and the two of us laughed again as I pressed my lips against his lips and then jaw while his hands traveled up my back, his warm soft hands against my skin sending shivers down my spine.

   "Are you drunk?" I asked him, trying to figure out whether I was or not. It's been a long night.

   "No." Finnick said, a smirk across his face, leaning down and kissing my lips, then jawline, then my neck. "I want to remember this."

   The next morning, me and Finnick somehow convinced Coin that we should be on the team that goes to the Capitol. Our armies were going to make their final stand against Snow and I didn't care what I was doing or how I was helping, I just knew I wanted to be there to see it all fall apart myself.

   Of course, Kai was not happy that I was part of the team but he couldn't say anything about it. And to top it off, we had a nice long trip to the Capitol and I still had hours of bragging rights to spare. You can probably guess how tempted he was to just throw me out of the aircraft window. But it was all worth it.

I was introduced to the other soldiers on the team, including another Lieutenant. Lieutenant Jackson and her team which included two blondes, the Leeg sisters, a man named Mitchell, her Second Lieutenant, and Corporal Homes. They looked like a strong team, but being strong only gets you so far against the Capitol.

   When we got there, me and Finnick were directed over to where the army was gathered in front of a stage. Me and Finnick stood in the front while Kai and Boggs made their exit. I assumed they didn't have to stay, having already been briefed on the mission.

   The day was cold, the blue sky covered with light grey clouds. The vibe the day was giving off was gloomy and ominous; what a day to invade the Capitol don't you think?

"I'm Commander Paylor of Distrct Eight." The woman on stage announced to the army. "I'm a soldier like all of you so here's what I know."

Behind Paylor was a huge hologram map of what I assumed was the Capitol. We were just outside of the cities walls, waiting patiently to begin. On the giant map were little yellow dots, they scattered across the whole city.

"For the first time in our lifetimes we're standing together with 13 districts." Paylor said, snapping me back into focus. "From what I see here, we've already made history."