Chapter Five - The Charming Finnick Odair

I was given a new change of clothes, just a baggy purple shirt and a pair of black leggings once again, and I had a small dinner before heading off to my room for the night. My feet walked across the cold marble floors as I walked through the silent sliding door and into the massive room that was just for me.

There was a massive king sized bed and huge windows that took up most of the the walls. I wasn't sure whether they were tinted or not but I also didn't care much, I was too tired to care. I jumped onto the soft bed and felt the confuter eat me and my head rested against the fluffy pillow. The first thing that ran through my head now that I was alone was Kai.

I wanted to call out his name and have him run into the room, coming over to me and holding me close and assure me that everything was going to be okay. I wanted to wake up to hear him calling out and asking me if I wanted to help him at work that day or help him fix his old fishing rod that always broke but he loved it so much that he couldn't throw it away.

I wanted him to look at me with those reassuring amber eyes and remind me that I was going to survive, that I was going to live. The memory of him handing me the bracelet that I fiddled with on my wrist took over my brain and I remembered the promise I made him. The promise I never should have made.

I tried resting my eyes, thinking that if I did then it would ease me to sleep but it didn't. I laid in that bed for another hour and a half looking up to the ceiling and finding it impossible to sleep. I thought that maybe the bed was too comfortable but that wasn't it, it couldn't be. I shifted over and over, trying to find the best sleeping position but none of it worked. But I was so tired.

In frustration, I kicked the thick confuter off of my bed but when I looked forward, someone was standing there, trying to take it off of themselves now that I had covered them with the blanket. I got up so quickly that when the person took it off, they didn't have time to think before I tackled them to the floor.

"WHO ARE YOU DEVIL SPAWN!" I yelled in their face, my fist raised and ready to throw down at the person beneath me, their face too dark for me to make out but I didn't care.

"WHOAH!" They shouted beneath me. "It's me Reef, it's me!"

"Guppy?"

"Can you pick a different nickname for me?" Finnick groaned, pushing me off of him so he could take off the blanket and rise to his feet.

"No." I said flatly as now both me and him were standing together and I could see him better from the lights of the city that streamed into my room. "Now, what the hell are you doing in here? I was just about to go psycho bitch on your ass!"

"Yeah, I noticed." Finnick laughed, rubbing the back of his neck, seeming to almost regret coming in here. "I assumed you can't go to sleep." He told me and I didn't say anything about it because it was true and I was embarrassed, knowing that Tobias probably had no problem sleeping in all this luxury.

"So why are you here?" I asked and Finnick shrugged, looking at me deeply and smiling, but it wasn't charming, it was more sweet and soft.

"I wanted to show you something." He told me and I shrugged, jumping up on the bed again and sitting crisscross as Finnick walked over to a small panel on the wall. He looked over at me and flashed me a slight smile as he began pressing some buttons and typing something into the device.

"Do you workout?" I asked which made Finnick stop and look at me for a second with confusion.

"Do I work out?" He repeated my question with a laugh as he looked back at the device. "I guess you could say I do, why?"

"I could tell, that's all." I said, not helping but look at his strong muscular arms under his slightly see through white shirt. I tried looking away but then that would be awkward cause then he'd know I was looking but he already knew I was looking but he also saw my ass so I think this was me getting even. Yeah, that's definitely why I was checking Finnick out, no other reason.