Chapter 3

Sara

She walked towards me- the girl that used to be my best friend, the one I told my secrets to, the only one I trusted and the one that trusted me the most.

I had nightmares of her before, a long time ago- when the betrayal was still fresh in my mind.

At times, I wondered if she would ever forgive me. I even thought of telling everyone what had really happened that night, but I knew that it wouldn't matter.

After all, she left and it was too late for me to do anything or to say anything. It wouldn't change anything and everyone would end up hating me.

She walked up towards me with a smirk plastered on her face, I could almost hear her murderous thoughts as she walked towards me.

I couldn't move, I was too scared to do anything. Much less blink, I knew she was coming back but I thought it wasn't for another week.

She bent down and picked up my books handing it to me. I stared at my books in her hand, I didn't dare move or try to take it.

I was worried she might throw it at me or purposely drop it and make me pick it up and then kick me, cause that's the type of girl she is.

She frowned at me and shoved the books in my hand, looking annoyed and impatient.

I cleared my throat "Umm thanks Kyls, I mean Kylie."

The smirk returned on her face "No problem Sara, how have you been lately?"

I was confused, why isn't she mad at me? Why hasn't she mentioned it?

I nodded and forced a smile, still unconvinced. It's clearly a facade. "I'm great."

Her lips curled upwards, it seemed like she was genuinely happy for me; but her eyes, it was- stone cold.

'It's probably just me being paranoid.' I thought to myself.

"How about you?" I asked slowly, cautiously.

She grinned "I'm fine." I can't believe we're actually having a decent conversation without her trying to kill me. Maybe I am paranoid.

I smiled back, awkwardly this time. "So, uhm do you remember where the office is?" I said, in an effort to break the awkward silence that filled the air.

She looked amused "Yes, Sara, I remember." I smiled, and this time it was genuine.

"I remember everything." She said it sweetly, although, it sounded like it was laced with spite and hatred.

My smile slowly slipped away. 'I'm being paranoid.' I thought to myself.

She winked at me and walked away, it made me confused. Does this mean we're good? Are we friends...? She didn't yell at me or accuse me of betraying her.

"Well, that went well." I turned around to see Lukas amused. I frowned, still feeling uncomfortable, annoyed and baffled "Hardly, I thought she wasn't coming back until next week."

Lukas sighed "That's what everyone thought, I guess she wanted to surprise everyone." he shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Oh yeah, we were definitely surprised." I turned to look at Megan, my friend. She slammed her locker close and shrugged "She seems different from before though."

Lukas chuckled and I frowned at him  "What? It's not amusing you know?"

He rolled his eyes and shrugged "It kind of is."

I glared at him, starting to feel annoyed that he didn't share my frustration and confusion- and also my scepticism. "Why aren't you worried?"

He smiled at me "It's Kylie, nothing to be worried about. I'm sure she has already forgiven us."

I sighed, hoping he's right and that i'm just being paranoid. "I hope you're right Luke."

Please consider voting, commenting and sharing.
Xx Thanks