Chapter 32

***unedited***

One month later

Rebekah

He never came back to see me.

One month. 31 days. 744 hours. 44640 minutes...

I could go on but I suppose that would be a waste of time...

It would bring me more pain than anything else.

I stared back at my reflection, I've changed, I changed my clothes, my room, everything... I didn't look like Kylie nor did I look like Rebekah. I didn't feel like any of them. I looked and felt like a different person; like a new person. I liked it but does that mean I've changed? Does that mean that people could forget what I did? Can I forget and forgive myself for what I've done?

Sighing, I turned around and stared at the boxes of clothes that belonged to Kylie. I'm finally packing it, I felt nervous about going to school; I know everyone knew what I did and this time, I would not be able to lie.

I sighed and went down, my parents at the door; smiling awkwardly at me, my mom hugged me tightly and said "Have a good day at school honey." then, her smile slipped "And we have to talk about something important when you get home okay?" I raised an eyebrow, feeling curious "What? Why can't you just tell me now? It's something bad right..." I paused, not wanting to be right, but the way they looked at me confirmed everything I hope not to be true.

My dad sighed and took a step forward "We would be moving to New York by the end of this month." I gasped and took a step forward, hoping I heard wrong. "What?! You can't do that!!!" I felt so angry and upset, my whole body was shaking and I had no idea what to do.

My mom shook her head at me and massaged her head for a second as if she knew I would react this way "Rebekah, we are doing this for you!" she said firmly as I shook my head, hot tears streaming down my cheeks "The whole town knows. This isn't good for you and you know it. We are already worried about you and this whole situation, this mess? You would get bullied and we don't want that for you. You need a fresh start where no one would know you or know what you did."

This was a nightmare, it felt as if the walls in the kitchen were closing in on me. "I'm already going for therapy, i'm cooperating. So, why are you doing this to me?" I sobbed quietly.

"Rebekah, we are doing this for you. The whole town knows, you would not be happy. Your whole life would be turned upside down and we can't see you like that. You would be depressed and..." my mom bit her lip and massaged her head "This is the consequence Rebekah, you should have thought about it."

I shook my head "I hate you, you and dad always runs. When Kylie died, you ran and now, you're running away because you don't want people talking about you and don't even pretend this is about me. Stop pretending that you care about me or what people say about me." I glared at them and walked out, leaving them stunned, disappointed and sad.

As soon as I slammed the door, I felt the guilt weighing down on me. I hesitated and looked back, considering going back to apologise but something in me snapped. I remembered how they treated me like a criminal, how they glared and made me feel as if something was wrong with me.

What really hurt me was the fact that they were my parents. I already felt like something was wrong with me at school, how does people looked at me as if I was a terrorist, a murderer. My parents did the exact same thing, they didn't trust me. They never believed in me and now, they have the audacity to pretend as if they cared.

They may be my parents but they have no idea how much I detest them. They have no idea what they put me through.

I stood in the empty hallway of my school, dreading what's about to come. I got myself into this mess and I've got to face the music. I knew what I did was wrong, sick even and as much as it hurt to admit. I knew in some sort of way, I was like Luke.