Chapter 28

***unedited***

~The present~

Rebekah

I don't know what to feel.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel.

These past few years had been a blur. It had me drowning in a pool of lies. When I thought it was my fault she died, I died inside.

How could I have killed my twin?
I kept repeating it over and over to myself.

Then, I find out it was Luke. I thought he left her to die. I was wrong though, He killed her.

I've been in love with Luke my whole life and I thought I knew him. I never thought that he could have done this. How could he just kill someone with no remorse?

He's an empty shell and in some ways, I am too. Hollow and broken. Maybe that's why I loved him. Maybe I always knew what he was and maybe, just maybe; I could have saved my sister. No matter how much I hope it isn't my fault, it is. No matter how much I blame Luke, I know I did this. I killed her.

My twin.

My other half.

Dead.

"Rebekah?" I opened my eyes slowly. My head was hurting. It was like being struck by lightning. I wish I had been struck by lightning.

"Rebekah!" I looked around the cabin and turned to see Cole. He gave me a cold look but I could see the hurt in his eyes. He was still on the chair, blood dripping from his mouth.

My mouth was dry, I tried to form words but nothing came out. I lost my voice, just like I lost the will to live. I didn't care anymore. I just wanted it to end. I want this endless cycle to end. I've been betrayed so many times, and I'm broken. "Rebekah, look at me."

Instead of looking at Cole, I stared at the door; in hopes that he leaves me alone. That's what I wanted right now. To be alone. I didn't care if we were to die. I didn't care about anything.

I was breaking apart. I felt shattered and broken. I just wanted the pain to end. I didn't care if I was weak, I just want this pain to go.

"Look at me." Cole snarled at me. I hesitated but turned to look at him "What?"

Is that what I sound like? So dead and lifeless? I wonder, If I were to look in the mirror; would I see a dead, lifeless girl too? Would I still have hope in my eyes?

"Ky- Rebekah, you better fucking pay attention." Cole snapped at me. I stared at him, he looked so pissed and I wondered if he cared about how I felt right now. After what I just found out, can't he give me a break? Can't he leave me alone?

As if he knew just what I was thinking he said "I know you're in shock about what happened and what's happening but I need you right now. I know everything is happening so fast but I need us to work together right now because we'll die. We need to survive. Please Rebekah, help me."

I shook my head, I wanted to say so much. I wanted to tell him I didn't care if I died. I just wished It could end. That's all. I wished I didn't have to feel this pain. I felt as if I were in a prison. Stuck, alone. I felt numb and bitter.

I stared at him for a while, and I saw his eyes. It was like a mirror, it was like I could see myself in his eyes. I knew he was counting on me. This was all my fault anyways, I got him in this mess. I wish I could say what I really wanted to; that I didn't want to live. That I knew this was my punishment for not being able to help my sister. For taking her name. For every sick thing I've done. I haven't honored her.

Instead I said, "Okay." my voice came out small and strained. He gave me a small smile then winced in pain.

"We have to get out of here." he said over and over again, which was starting to irritate me. "Can you shut up and make a plan already."

"Im trying to remove my bounds. It motivates me by saying that." he gave his signature smirk then wince. In a time like this and he can still smirk at me. Idiot.

"Motivate you? What about knowing that you could die? Doesn't that motivate you enough?" he ignored me and said "Got it." he took out his bounds and rushed over to me.

Before he was about to help me I shook my head "Leave me alone Cole. Just go. I don't care anymore."

He paused and gave me a look "What..." he seemed confused "No, I can't leave you. Don't be stupid. Let's go."

I looked away from him. "Please, leave me alone. I can't do this. I can't..." he made me look at him "Rebekah, you know I can't leave you here. You know we don't have much time left before he comes back. I need-"

"No, stop. I don't care. I don't fucking care right now. What I want is for you to leave me." I turned away from him again, because I knew I'll end up crying and I can't cry.

All of my frustration, anger, sadness. Everything will come out and I will explode. I have nothing left. My parents doesn't even love me.

The only one that has ever loved me was my sister. She knew me. It should have been me, I was supposed to die. She told me to stay away from Luke but I didn't listen. She warned me, but I was a brat. I haven't changed. I'm still a brat.

"How many times-" he glared at me and shook his head "I don't care, you're coming with me if you like it or not. I don't care if I have to drag you by the hair but you're coming with me." and he quickly went to undo my bounds.

"Don't you fucking dare." I looked up to see Luke, he had a gun, it was pointing behind me. To Cole. My heart was hammering in my chest. Cole. He was going to kill him.

A/N
I hope you enjoy this chapter =D
Please consider voting if you like this part or Comment any suggestions to improve. Thank you.