Chapter 20

***unedited***

Kylie

My heart was beating fast and I couldn't help but smile. I forgot everything and everyone around me, then I remembered something "Why did you hang up when we were on the phone?"

He raised an eyebrow and then shrugged "I don't know."

I frowned "What? How can you not know?" he leaned closer and smiled. His breath hot on my face and he leaned closer brushing our lips together making me blush hard "Kyls, I need to ask you something."

He pulled away from me, and I stared at him trying to calm myself. I had butterflies and everything in me was nervous. "Y-yea Cole?" I asked. I wish I could kick myself, why am I stuttering like an idiot. I hate how he makes me feel.

He tilted his head slightly and studied my face a serious grim look appeared which made me worry "What did Lukas say to you?"

I stared at him confused. "Uhm what?" I suddenly felt stupid.

Cole put his hands on my waist and I felt my cheeks go warm "Just now, I saw Lukas talking to you. What did he want?"

"Ohhh" I said, finally realizing what he meant "he wanted to meet me later on." Cole frowned "What? Why? What does he want?"

Should I tell him? Luke didn't say anything about me not telling anyone. I bit my lip trying to think. For some reason, I didn't want Cole to know. Maybe I shouldn't tell him but he's been trying to help me. I reasoned with myself.

"Kylie? Are you ok?" Cole asked me worriedly. I nodded and smiled at him "Yea, im fine."

"So, what did he want from you?" I decided to tell him, hoping he wouldn't tell me what I already know. I already know, Don't trust Lukas. "He wanted to meet up later to tell me what really happened that night."

Cole raised an eyebrow slightly alarmed but hid it and nod slightly. He looked behind my shoulder not saying a word, he looked like he was thinking hard about something. I wish I knew what he was thinking about sometimes. "And surely you're not going to go right?" he finally asked. Ah actually, I take that back, I don't really want to know what he's thinking about anymore.

I wanted to snap at him but I didn't. "Of course I'm going Cole. What kind of question is that." I frowned at him and he turned to look at me hard. "He wants to tell me what happened that night. It's better than us chasing shadows and assuming things. Honestly, I don't want to do this anymore. I can't not know anymore, it's killing me."

Cole gritted his teeth in annoyance "It's a legit question and besides, we don't know if he is really going to tell you the truth. You can't trust him, he lied to everyone in this town before. What makes you think he won't lie again?"

He's right of course, and I did think that Luke would lie but what if he doesn't? What if he was actually sincere and did want to be friends again. I used to love him anyways, once upon a time I loved him more than friends but that was before I found out he lied. "What if he really wants to-"

"Cole." Mark said cutting me off, one of his hands was on Cole's shoulder and he didn't look happy at all. Cole rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed at Mark for interrupting our conversation.

Cole turned around and smirked at Mark "We're having a conversation here, why don't you come back when you've learnt some manners hm?"

Mark looked like he wanted to kill Cole, he narrowed his eyes at Cole "I'm so sick and tired of you and your bloody face Cole. You're such a-"

"Stop acting like a two year old." Cole rudely cut Mark off and smirked at him, a couple of people near us stopped dancing and was eagerly looking at the commotion. "A two year old?!" Mark growled at Cole and threw a punch at him. "How's that for a two year old."