Chapter 7

Kylie

I could feel the energy draining out of me slowly; as the seconds ticked by.

The stares and voices of the other kids; their judgmental and inquisitive questions and comments about me made me even more bitter.

I didn't think it would be possible for me to be even more bitter.

When the bell finally rang, I decided to skip lunch and ditch school; going to my old hideout.

When things were rough I went to the forest and hid in an abandoned cabin. It wasn't just my hide out, it was also Luke's and Sara's- before the incident, we spent all our free time here.

I studied the cabin, the windows were broken and it was in bad shape. We fixed it up before, I suppose they didn't come back here after what happened.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open slowly, it made a loud creaking sound and I observed it from the threshold.

The mustiness hit my nose almost immediately as I stepped into the cabin.

I looked around, every inch of this place had a memory, both good and bad.

I smiled sadly as I continued touching things, allowing my mind to wander. I stopped when I reached a brown wooden box. I picked it up and brushed the dust off, instantly regretting it when I started coughing.

How do they do that in movies?

When I finally stopped coughing and rubbed the tears away from my eyes with the back of my hand, I inspected the brown box. It had four badly done initials on it- like a cat was mad and took it out on the box.

As I was about to close the box a picture caught my eyes, it was a girl with dirty blonde hair and purple highlights. I bit my lip as I tried to stop my tears. I remembered that day, I was taking the photo and I was complaining about how I wasn't in it and how unfair it was.

I missed her more than anything. If only I was there to help her. I buried my face in my hands, sobbing quietly; the guilt was too much.

I'm so sorry

The hair on my neck stood up, I felt nervous for a second. As if someone was watching me. It was a strange, sudden feeling.

I looked up and sobbed softly, wiping my tears away "Hello? Anyone there?" I asked slowly while getting up.

I rolled my eyes at myself with nearly dried eyes, everyone knows that the person who says "hello? Anyone there?" is bound to die. I mentally punched myself as I thought of that.

I really need to grow up. There aren't any murderers in this small town.

I sighed as I went out for a while to get some fresh air. I must have been in that dark, musty cabin for a while because I honestly feel like someone was watching me.

My mind is just playing tricks on me.

Just when I thought that, I heard the leaves crunching from behind me.

I turned around slowly, hoping it was just my imagination or maybe an animal. My blood ran cold and I could hear my heart pounding when I saw the hooded figure, staring right at me.

Please consider voting, commenting and sharing if you like this part.
Thanks xx