Chapter 23

***unedited***

Kylie

I groaned, my head was pounding and my whole body ached. I looked around at the familiar place when it suddenly hit me, It was my old hideout before. Where my sister died, where everything started. What am I doing here and how did I get here? I tried to rub my pounding head, but couldn't move it. "Wha-" my heart did a leap, my hands and feet were bounded with rope. I looked around wildly, breathing heavily as I saw what was in front of my face.

"Kylie?" he looked up at me, his eyes looked tortured. "What..." I tried to move my hands but the rope was tied too tightly and it started to hurt. I looked up at him "Cole? What's..." I looked around scared "What's happening? Why are we here? What happened to you?"

Cole's face was bruised and covered with blood. He was sitting on a chair, his hands bounded behind his back. He looked half dead, and in pain. "Who's doing this?" I asked terrified. "What do they want?"

He opened his mouth then closed it again when we heard something. He looked at me with a pained expression "Shh." he whispered to me. I heard footsteps on the floorboard, making it creak. I looked at the closed wooden door, terrified. My heart was beating fast as I tried to untie the rope. "Cole." I whispered to him but he shook his head slightly and I looked at the doorway. The creaking grew closer and the doorknob rattled slightly, I sucked in a breath as the door opened and let out a gasp as I saw our abductor.