Chapter 18

***unedited***

Kylie

I frowned trying to zip my dress from behind. I groaned as I heard my phone ringing and ignored it. My mom knocked and came in my room and stared at me quietly "Need some help?" she asked and I shook my head still attempting to zip up my dress and failing miserably. She sighed and smacked my hand away lightly and zipped it up for me "There you go. Why are you dressed up? Do you have a date or something?" she asked frowning.

"No, I'm going to the school dance tonight." I said. I was actually happy to be going, it's better then staying at home doing nothing. My mom pursed her lip "And since when do you go to school dances? You haven't been to one in ages." she said quietly. I shrugged "Since someone asked me to." she looked up, her eyes twinkling "Someone asked you out? Who?" I shrugged "You don't know him." There was regret and sadness in her eyes, she looked like she wanted to cry but I was done. I didn't want to care anymore. She could blame me for all I care, I know the truth. I didn't kill my sister. She looked like she wanted to say something when my phone rang again, right on time "I need to pick this up." I said when I looked at the caller ID which says unknown caller. I didn't know who was calling me but I pretended it was urgent because I didn't want to know what she was about to say.

She smiled slightly and nodded "Ok, have fun." she said when she walked out. I nodded and picked up my phone "Kylie?" I frowned at no one in particular "Yes? Who is this?"

"Hey Kyls." a familiar guy's voice said through the phone. I frowned "Cole? How did you get my number?" I heard him chuckle "I'm hurt sweetheart, you gave it to me remember? How could you forget?" I bit my lip trying to remember "I did? I don't remember." I said, guiltily. "I'm sorry, I can't remember. When did I give it to you?" I said slightly irritated "I was joking Kylie, I asked your parents for your number when you came to my house." I frowned "Why?" I asked trying to be annoyed but the truth was my heart was beating fast and my cheeks felt hot "because I wanted to." I bit back a smile "That wasn't an answer." I said. "Don't you have to get ready?" he said and hung up. I glared at the phone "What the heck?!" I said feeling frustrated, confused and worried.

Did I do something that he hung up the phone like that? Maybe I should have gone with him instead of what's he's name. I felt slightly guilty for thinking that and I don't even remember his name! What was it again? I frowned trying to concentrate in the car while driving. Was it Marcus? Mark? I snapped my fingers "Yes! Mark! That's his name. Ok, I just have to remember it." I repeated his name in my head like a chant. Tonight better be good.

I arrived at the dance and frowned slightly, looking for Mark when my phone started buzzing. I answered my phone to hear a guy's voice on the other end "Kylie? You never told me where you lived. I'm about to pick you up and I realized I didn't know where you lived." he chuckled slightly.

I bit my lip trying not to laugh "No, it's fine. I'm already here." he sighed "I'm so sorry, I haven't done this in a while." I laughed slightly "It's fine, I haven't done this in a while too. Anyways, I'll see you later. Bye." I said and hung up.

I bit my lip feeling uncomfortable and out of place. I looked around trying to find the refreshments table and turned around to see Luke smiling at me. I sighed when he walked towards me "What do you want Luke?" he smiled at me "So where's Mark?" I frowned at him feeling tired of all the niceties "Can we just stop all of this bullshit?" I said folding my arms across my chest. Luke nodded slowly "Ok fine." I stared at him "Really? You're just going to tell me what I already know?" I asked curiously. "Yes, I am and you don't know what really happened that night."

I pursed my lip and narrowed my eyes at him "Oh please enlighten me then Since you're convinced that I don't know what really happened that night." he laughed softly "Because you really don't know what happened. I will tell you everything. The whole truth of what happened that night." he looked around and took a step closer to me "just not here though." I took a step back away from him having an uneasy feeling about the whole thing. "You're going to tell me the whole truth? And nothing but the truth." he nodded again "but why? I mean you didn't want to tell me anything before. Why now?" he shrugged "because I missed you. You were my best friend and I have now realized that keeping the truth from you will just make you hate me more and make you drift further away from me then you already have. I can't live to know that you hate me. I want my best friend back so I'm going to tell you everything. The truth will hurt you though." he said sadly.

I nodded desperately at him fighting the tears that threatened to come out "I don't care Luke. I don't care if it hurts. I need to know the truth. I need to know what had happened to my sister." Lukas nodded "Ok let's-"

"I'm so sorry for being late Kylie. I was stuck in traffic. I'll make it up to you." Mark said out of breath like he just ran a marathon. I smiled slightly at him "It's fine, I was just talking to Lu-" I turned to Luke but he was no longer there. I started to panic and looked around but couldn't find him in this dim lighting room filled with students.

"Looking for someone?" He asked and I took whatever patient I had to not stab him. I turned around and smiled back at him "No, I'm sorry. I was just talking to Luke before you interrupted" I said with slight annoyance which he realized. He looked guiltily and apologetic at me. "and now I'm not sure where he went." I felt guilty for getting annoyed at him "I'm sorry." I said quietly and he shook his head "No need to be sorry. It's my fault for being late." he said and smiled at me and I looked at him and gave him an actual smile. I'll find Luke later, now I'll just try to have a good time because it'll all be over soon. Luke will finally tell me that he left her to die instead of helping her but I was curious to what he meant by 'you don't know what really happened that night.'

I decided to let it go for a while and try to just enjoy my time right now. "Want a drink?" Mark asked me and shook my head "No thanks." he nodded "Ok then." we looked at the people dancing and laughing for a while "Do you want to dance?" he asked. I shook my head "No, not really." he looked at me helplessly and sighed. After a while of standing there doing nothing he excused himself to go to the toilet. "Having fun Kyls?" I turned around to see Cole with skinny jeans and a black suit on.
I looked up at his face, thinking he would be smirking at me which made me want to whack the smirk off his face with a pan but to my surprise he just stared at me for a long time. "Wow, you look..." he ran his hand through his hair looking nervous. I raised an eyebrow, slightly shocked at Cole's nervousness. He looks cute when he's nervous, I like him better when he's genuine and nervous instead of him smirking. "You look beautiful Kylie."

I felt my face getting warm and looked couldn't help but smile. "You don't look so bad yourself."

He chuckled and then smirked at me. "Are you dying of boredom yet?"

I rolled my eyes, typical Cole. "No, I'm enjoying my date so go away please." I said hoping I didn't sound like I want to gag. I didn't want Cole to be right. I would rather have a hundred boring dates with Mark then admit Cole is right.

He laughed, amused. "Sure you are." clearly he didn't believe me, before I could say anything to make him belive me, he held out his hand and gave me a genuine smile which made his eyes twinkle "Care to dance beautiful?"

I blushed hard wanting to dance with him but I shook my head instead. "Mark would be back."

Cole raised an eyebrow and looked around "Really? I don't see him. He won't be out in a bit, besides, he won't mind." I sighed but gave in. To be honest, I didn't need much to be convinced to dance with Cole. I took his hand and he led me to the crowded dance floor. He put his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck, he smiled down at me and I was lost in his smile. Even though the dance floor was crowded It felt like it was just the two of us. I didn't notice anything or anyone. I didn't notice the people's laughter or even the particular someone that was glaring angrily at Cole and I.

A/n Sorry for not updating in months... I didn't know how to continue it but it's nearly coming to an end!!! Yay!