Chapter 33

***unedited***

Rebekah

This is it, this is the end. We've finally packed and we're ready to move. I wasn't sad, not really. I felt excited to move on, to start a new chapter. Not as Kylie or the old Rebekah. I felt reborn, at first I found it silly that I felt that way, but as i thought about how far I've come; the idea of being reborn was something that I felt proud of.

I looked at my room for one last time then closed the door, a sudden weight on my shoulder disappearing.

"Rebekah." I turned around to see my mom smiling at me "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for everything... I know your dad and I were hard on you when..." she paused for a second and cleared her throat. "Well, when that happened..." I shrugged "It's fine, I understand why you did it though..."

She shook her head and sighed sadly "No, Bekah, you're my daughter and I love you; your father loves you too and... what we did was wrong and there's no excuse for that." I looked away, not wanting to cry because I didn't want to care. I didn't want to be hurt.

"We blamed ourselves." She whispered quietly.

"What?" I turned to look at her, wondering if I heard correctly.

Her lips trembled slightly and she bit her lip "We blamed ourselves, we weren't there to protect her; to protect the both of you and it was our duty to protect you girls from any harm."

I stared at the floor hoping my voice wouldn't crack "Then why did you..." tears started falling as I thought of everything that happened and I wished that I was stronger than this; that I wouldn't cry or hurt or feel anything at times like these.

"Why did you blame me? And hate me and...disown me?" Tears ran down her cheek "We didn't disown you."

I scoffed "You did, or it felt like you did."

"I know, I'm sorry. I can't change the past but I can change our relationship right now; we can work this out okay?" She smiled at me, with so much hope filled in her eyes, making me want to cry. I really did want to work this out; I felt tired and worn out of living like this, in misery.

I smiled slightly and nodded "Yeah." To my surprise, she pulled me into a hug and it took everything in me not to break down and rant to her; to tell her everything but we had time right? We had time to work everything out and we'll be okay, we'll be more than okay. I believe we would be.

Hope, we cling to it, crave it and for a while; I lost it. Without hope, I was hollow and I once thought I was shattered; I was wrong. I was broken and you can fix what's broken. You can put the pieces back together; I knew that now.

I pulled away from her and smiled, this time, I felt warm inside; hope. I felt hope for the first time in a long time.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you; your friends are downstairs waiting for you." My mom squeezed my arm lightly and smiled.

Frowning, I muttered "What friends? Since when do I have friends?"

I walked downstairs and to my surprise, I saw Sara and Mark. "Hey...?" I was unsure why they were here, slightly worried they might be here to scream at me.

To my surprise, Sara rushed to me and hugged me tightly. I stood there, wondering if I was dreaming; too shocked to say or do anything.

She pulled away and smiled at me "I'm sorry." She stared at the floor "I'm so sorry for everything. For being horrible to you before and especially...for Kylie." She looked up at me, tears running down her cheek "I'm so sorry for what I did, and for not telling anyone what really happened. I was scared, I was so scared and I'm sorry this happened to you."

I bit my lip, not wanting to break down in front of her. I've always hated her before, even when I pretended to be Kylie, I hated her. I knew before that I would never be able to forgive her for what she's done. How she lied to everyone and let me take the fall for the death of my sister, I knew that forgiving her would be unbearable an I would rather die than forgive.

What happened to that now though? All that anger and frustration I kept somehow disappeared. Without saying anything, I hugged her and closed my eyes finally finding peace "I'm sorry too."

Pulling away from her, I smiled and noticed Mark staring at her. "So, you came here together huh?"

"Yeah. We're going to have ice cream after this." Sara frowned slightly "Uhm, do you want to come with? Before you leave?"

I laughed "No, you have fun. I have alot to do..." I stared at the boxes "but I'll keep in touch with you all." She nodded and hugged me again "Oh, okay. Good luck Rebekah." I smiled as they left and stared at the boxes on the floor.

"Bekah?" I looked up so quickly making my head spin.

He smiled at me sadly "I just...wanted to see you before you leave."

I frowned "Why? You already said everything that you wanted to say to me."

"I know, and I'm sorry I said that. How I left things- I was being an ass but I don't want to end things that way. You're leaving and that's good, away from all this because you can't move on if you're here Rebekah." I stared at the floor, unable to look at him. He made sense and I know he's right but a part of me will miss him.

I hugged him tightly "I'll miss you Cole." I hesitated then pulled away from him "I'm sorry though, for lying."

He smiled at me "It's okay, I guess I kind of understand." He smirked at me then and I remembered how frustrated I felt whenever he smirked but now, I found a strange sense of comfort in it. "We'll meet again one day." I laughed and nodded "Yes, we definitely will."

He nodded, his smile slipping "Well, I should get going, but keep in touch okay? I want to know everything about your life and I'll visit you."

And with one last hug, he walked away, I was sad but filled with excitement. For once, I had hope. Hope that everything would be okay, that I had a chance of redemption and this was my start. The beginning of changing for the better. For the first time in a long time, I knew that everything would be alright.