Chapter 21

***unedited***

Sara

Luke has changed, for the worst. I have never seen him so cold and detached to me. It's like he doesn't care about me at all and it breaks my heart. All I can do is stare at him as he talks to Kylie. He didn't even look at me or talk to me the whole night, and he was supposed to be my date.

I walked up to him as Kylie walked away "Luke, are you alright?" he turned to look at me, his eyes cold and detached. "I'm fine." he said and turned around to walk away from me. The way he looked at me broke my heart. I wanted to cry right there, does he even care that he's breaking my heart?

I grabbed his arm and turned him around to face me. "What's wrong? Why are you being so cold to me?" he looked up at me. Hurt flashed through his eyes, but was quickly replaced with cold and empty hollowness.

"Nothing, I have to go." I bit my lip. I couldn't believe him. He looked like a stranger to me. He pulled his arm away from me but I held on to him tightly. "Luke-"

"Just leave me alone! I don't want to talk to you right now! Are you too stupid to understand simple English?! Leave me alone!" he snapped at me and walked away.

I stared blankly at the stranger that snapped at me and walked away from me. Tears threatened to fall, my whole eyes blurred from the tears and I couldn't stop it from falling. My hands trembled and I ran to the bathroom, bumping into someone, nearly falling over. "Hey, are you okay?" Someone held me on my shoulders, helping me as I regained my balance.

I looked up to see Mark staring at me worriedly. "i'm fine." i said looking away and sobbed slightly. "Hey, what's wrong?" i looked away from him, slightly embarrassed for crying in front of him. "Luke..." I sniffed and the tears came pouring. "He's acting so cold towards me. I don't know what to do." I said helplessly, looking down at my fingers.

He was silent for a while "I'm so sorry about that." he said quietly after a while "I really am." he pulled me in for hug and I buried my face in his chest, crying harder. "Shh, it's alright." he said soothingly, stroking my hair.

I pulled away from him and smiled slightly, wiping my tears away "Thank you Mark. I'm sorry for breaking down like this. I just couldn't handle it anymore." he smiled at me lightly "It's alright Sara. Well, I better go and find Kylie."

My face fell as he mentioned Kylie, I admit feeling jealous of her. Everything is always about her! I really hate her, I never thought I would hate her. She was my best friend and now I really hate her. I smiled at Mark "Yeah, and I better re-apply my makeup." I said and walked into the girls bathroom.

A/N Thank you so much for reading. If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote.