Chapter 15

***unedited***

Sara

"This is your fault Lukas!" I nearly screamed at him. We were hiding in the janitors closet, I dragged Lukas with me in our hideout when Kylie nearly killed me with her looks.

Lukas looked murderous "My fault?!" he exploded, he looked like he was going to hit me. "How is this my fault Sara?! This is your fault too, don't put all the blame on me."

I glared "It's your idea, it's your fault. Besides, I've felt guilty ever since I did it!! I couldn't sleep at night and I still can't!!" he narrowed his eyes "My idea? You helped and I didn't hear any complaints from you when it happened. And as for your guilt, that's bull. I know you don't feel any guilt, you hated her anyways. You're the one that always made her feel left out."

It felt like a punch in the gut when he said that. Everything may have been true but I really did feel guilty, we shouldn't have left her. We killed her, this is too much for me. "I really am guilty Lukas, I regret it. I can't do this anymore. I dream of her and what we did, I don't know how..."

I trailed off, I felt so guilty. How do I live with myself. His eyes softened and he pulled me in for a hug when I started to cry. "Don't cry." he whispered.

I shook my head "We have to tell her everything. I can't anymore." he looked angry, he looked murderous as he glared at me. "No Sara, that is not an option." he snarled at me and I glared at him, I wanted to punch him. "Not an option? Do you know how hard it is for me?! I can't anymore Lukas!! Don't you get that?! I can't live like this anymore."

He glared "No Sara!! Just don't ok?! This is not up for discussion!!" he was breathing heavily and he looked so mad. He gave me a pointed look and said "And don't you tell her or anyone for that matter." I gritted my teeth and held my glare at him, he made me so mad sometimes. After everything I did for him, after everything I went through for him and this is how he repays me? "Do you understand Sara? Can I count on you to keep quiet?" he said with annoyance after I didn't answer him for a minute. I gritted my teeth and nodded "Yes." I answered harshly. "But if this goes too far and when she starts figuring everything out, I'll tell everyone. You can count on that Lukas."

He glared and shoved his hands through his hair out of frustration "She won't find out, and if she does" he said bitterly as he took a small step towards me "I'll know it's you and you will regret it." I stared at him, shocked. He groaned and looked down for a while "I'm so sorry Sara. I..." he trailed off and looked down at the floor and I bit my lip and touched his arm "Hey, it's ok Lukas. I'm just scared, she'll find out you know." he shook his head "She can't. Our friendship will be ruined."

I smiled sadly at him "Our friendship is already ruined with her. Let it go Lukas, she thinks we left her sister and she's right, she hates us for that but if she knew the truth about what really happened. She will never forgive you or me. She won't just hate us, she'll be disgusted. I'm not even sure if disgusted is the right word for it."

He frowned at me looking annoyed "That's not helping Sara. Not helping at all." I chuckled "I wasn't trying to make you feel better, I'm just telling you the truth." he shook his head "It's not true, we can still be friends. We are still friends." I glared, I wanted to hit him so he can wake up already. "No Lukas! Can't you see? She hates us because we left her sister, and that's not even the whole truth." he glared at me angrily "I have to go Sara." he said after the bell rang and he walked out and slammed the door at my face.

"I love you but you make me so mad sometimes." I said angrily to no one in particular, slamming the door as I went out.

I bit my lip unable to do my math homework. The only thing that I could think of was telling Kylie the whole truth. How do I live with myself? I can't do this anymore. I took my phone and stared at Kylie's number. She changed her phone number but I bumped into her parents and asked for it. I stared at her number for a long time, debating on whether or not to tell her and if I do, what will I say? Do I say I left your sister there to die and I regret doing it, I hid all of our pictures together because I was guilty. Even though she was almost never in the pictures because we always forced her to take it. I groaned, I don't think that would be a great way to tell her and why would I mention the pictures? I sighed as I dialed her phone number, let's just get this over with. I looked up for a second to see a hooded figure standing outside. My eyes widened and my heart started beating faster. I closed my curtain and ran down to check if all the doors and windows are locked. I stared at the the curtain, I didn't dare open it. Someone had been following me for weeks already and I am really starting to worry. Who would stalk me? I know everyone in this town and they're not stalkers, I hope.

Thank you for reading, please comment, vote and share!!!