Chapter 26

***unedited***

Two years ago

Rebekah

I sighed as I took a picture of Kylie, Lukas and Sara feeling left out once again. "Done." I muttered. "I want to see it!" Sara giggled happily. I handed the camera to her, and she and Kylie started looking at the pictures.

I sat down and stared at the floor feeling left out, Sara decided that I shouldn't be in it this time cause she wanted the picture to only be with her best friends. That's why she asked me to take the picture. That was the worst excuse I had ever heard, I knew the real reason why she asked me to take the pictures. It's because I wouldn't have been in it. "Bekah." Someone nudged me lightly.

I looked up to see Lukas looking at me with amusement in his eyes. My heart started beating fast and my cheeks grew warmer. "Uhm hi." I said uneasily, my stomach had butterflies which made me clutch it hoping he wouldn't notice my uneasiness. He laughed softly "You didn't hear a thing I said did you?" I looked at him embarrassed "Uhm no?"

He stopped smiling and looked at me, worry settling in his eyes "Are you ok? You seemed a little sad just now." he noticed? I couldn't help but blush a deeper shade of red. "I'm ok." I smiled reassuringly at him. He looked at me unsure but didn't push it any further. "Okay then." he muttered quietly.

We sat there in an uncomfortable silence. I felt like I should say something but I have never been really good with words. Especially when it came to Lukas. We have been friends for a while but I had was always crushing on him from afar. "Bekah." he nudged me again, amusement filled his eyes once again "You're doing it again." I looked at him confused "Doing what again?"

He smiled at me "You're lost in your own thoughts again. You aren't even paying attention to me." I blushed and looked away "Oh, sorry."

"You know, I have been wondering right..." he trailed off and looked into my eyes, his cheeks were glowing. Was he blushing? My stomach had butterflies again and I tried not to look away from him shyly. He bit his lip "I mean I was wondering if you would Uhm..." he trailed off again and chuckled uneasily "If you would want to go-"

"Rebekah! Come on, we have to go home right now." Kylie interrupted rather rudely. I narrowed my eyes at her feeling annoyed "Give me a second." I said to her and smiled at Lukas "You were saying?" I asked nervously.

He looked at me but before he could say anything Kylie interrupted him once again "We have to go right now Bekah." this time she said it firmly. I looked up to glare at Kylie and mentally told her to piss off but she wasn't looking at me, she was glaring at Lukas. Her eyes were darker than usual, she sneered at him and looked at me briefly "Come on." What the heck just happened? Why did she glare at Lukas like that.

I had only seen Kylie angry like that on rare occasions, and I had never seen her so mad at Lukas. She sneered at Lukas and walked off. I sighed and gave an apologetic smile to Lukas before running out, I bumped into Sara when I ran out of the door. "Will you watch it?!" she snapped at me angrily. I ignored her like usual and caught up to Kylie slightly out of breath. "Kyls, what's wrong?" I asked no longer feeling annoyed at her, Something was definitely wrong.

She shook her head "Nothing is wrong Rebekah." I looked at her and stopped her in her tracks "What's wrong?" I asked again. This time firmly, pressing her for the truth. She sighed at me and looked at the ground for a second as if in deep thought. When she finally looked up her eyes were a shade darker and covered with worry "You know I love you right?"

I frowned at her not knowing where she was going with this. I nodded "Of course I know that." she nodded slowly "and you know I wouldn't intentionally hurt you right?"