Daylight*

I watched the clouds outside of the plane window. The plane ride was almost over and I could hardly wait. I was flying from Chicago to New York to see my boyfriend, Harry Styles. I attended a university in Illinois while Harry lived in New York City. I had met him at one of his concerts during my freshman year. We had hooked up after the show. I ended up going to another show on that tour and we hooked up again after that one but exchanged contact information that time around so we could keep in touch. I was now a junior in college and Harry had been my boyfriend for about 2 years. We're not good at being apart, so Harry flies me out to New York quite frequently. This time was different though, I had been saving up to fly out to NY to surprise him.

Harry had occupied my thoughts the entire flight. I so desperately wanted to be near him. To touch him. To cuddle him. At night when we'd lay down in bed, we'd hold each other so close. Completely intertwined. Harry was so different than my past lovers. With my first boyfriend, I was 15 and I thought everything had to be picture perfect, like love was supposed to be black and white. My second boyfriend was when I was 17. Our relationship was so toxic. Screaming, fighting, and kissing in the rain. I thought the burning feeling in my heart was love. I know now though that love isn't burning red. With Harry, love is golden. I knew the first time we made eye contact, there was no one else I wanted to see. Even now, as he completely consumes my thoughts, there is no one else I want to think about.

The plane landed and I made my way through the airport. It was winter so it was already dark even though it was only 5:00 p.m. I walked out and caught a cab. When I reached Harry's apartment building I exited the vehicle, suitcase in tow. I was so excited I could barely breathe. I greeted the doorman as I entered the building. The elevator took me up to the 12th floor where Harry lived in his penthouse. I knocked on his door but no answer. I wasn't sure if Harry would be home from the studio yet or not. I dug through my coat pocket searching for my key to his apartment. I unlocked the door and walked into the empty penthouse quickly typing the code into the alarm system. I walked to his bedroom to put my stuff down. I changed into one of his shirts and a pair of flannel pajama pants. I decided to text him to see what he was doing.

"How's your day been?" I typed. The little bubble popped up signifying he was replying to me.

"It's good. How's yours?" he asked

"Good. Are you home from work? Can I call you?" I asked him.

"Leaving the studio now. Can call you when I get home" he said.

I smiled knowing he wouldn't have to call me when he got home. I called our favorite Chinese restaurant to order some dinner for us. Then I grabbed my book from my suit case, and climbed into bed.

The turning of the lock pulled me away from my book. My heart was beating out of my chest. I heard him set his keys down on the counter. His footsteps were getting louder as he approached his bedroom door. I stuck my nose back into the book pretending I wasn't anxiously awaiting his arrival. The doorknob turned and the door was pushed open. I looked up from my book and there he was. My favorite person. He stood there in shock for a moment before a huge grin spread across his face. He ran to the bed jumping on me.

"Harry!" I squealed.

"My baby is here!" he cheered wrapping me in his arms.

"I missed ya," he added.

"I missed you too, couldn't take it anymore. I had to come see you," I said. He placed a bunch of small kisses to my lips.

"How have you been?" he asked.

"I've been ok. But I'm great right now," I answered.

"I ordered us dinner, too," I added.

"Ugh. My girl treats me so well, keeps me warm, and happy, and fed," he sighed laying his head on my chest. I set my book down and wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big squeeze.