Beige*

"When we get home can we paint some pictures?" my 3 year old, Andi asked from the back seat.

"Sure, babe. We have to take the groceries inside but then I'd love to paint with you," I explained to the toddler. I glanced in the rear view mirror to see her kicking her little feet, the pink cowgirl boots catching my gaze.

"Mama?" she spoke. "What's up, hun?" I responded. "I know a plan," she stated. "Alright, let's hear it," I coaxed. "Mama, Daddy, and Andi paint pretty pictures and watch The Muppets," she announced. "Mmm, that sounds fun. You'll have to tell dad when we get home," I answered.

We pulled into the garage moments later. Harry emerging from the door connecting the house to the garage immediately . An eye-wrinkling smile on his face as he waved at Andi through the back window.

"How's my girls?" he asked opening Andi's door and looking to me in the front seat. He had already began to work on getting Andi out of her car seat.

"I have a plan, Daddy," she proudly told him. I smiled at him. "Oh really?" Harry asked, eyes wide with interest. "Mhm, mama, daddy, and Andi gonna paint pictures with kermie," Andi said, wrapping her arms around Harrys neck as he lifted her from her seat.

He met me outside at the hatchback with a kiss on the cheek. He began to grab the bags to help me bring the groceries. "You heard about this plan?" he asked. "Oh yeah, we have a fun afternoon ahead of us," I responded kissing him quickly before heading inside.
————————————————————————
"Are you painting Miss Piggy?" Andi asked her dad, The Muppet movie in the background consuming her thoughts. Harry bit back a laugh making eye contact with me for a moment as a blush crept up over his cheeks and nose. "Not quite, poppet," he giggled. She puzzled over the painting for a minute. "Mommy?" she asked him. "There ya go, bubs ," he confirmed.

I playfully scoffed, making the two of them giggle. "Don't worry mama, I painted you better," she insisted. "See," she pointed to her paper. There was a big purple blob, a big orange blob, a small pink blob, and a smaller blue blob. "Mommy," Andi said pointing to the purple shape. "Daddy," she said as she pointed at the orange. "Me," she giggled when she reached the small cloud of pink. "And my little brother," she smiled at the small blue dot.

Harry and I exchanged glances.

"Little brother?" he questioned. Andi looked up at him with a grin. "Yeah, mama have another baby," she shrugged. "I am?" I asked a bit surprised. "Yeah, I be a big sissy," she smiled.
Harry was looking between the both of his girls, a soft smile forming on his lips.
————————————————————————
"I was thinking of going to the pumpkin patch with my parents this weekend if you're not busy," I said, talking to Harry who was in our bedroom from my spot in front of the mirror in our en-suite bathroom. I applied my night time skin routine while holding a conversation with him.

"Sounds nice. It's been a while since we've seen them, no?" he asked. "Yeah, last saw them at Andi's birthday party a couple months ago now," I answered, flicking the bathroom light off as I entered Harry and I's bedroom.

He sat in our bed, shoulders leaning on the pillows propped on the headboard as he read a book. His legs were already under the covers. When I approached the bed, his gaze rose from his book and landed on me. The book was soon discarded on his nightstand as I climbed in bed.

"Get in here," he encouraged, opening his arms for me as well as holding up the duvet. Once I was settled he wrapped us in the covers. I placed a kiss to the tip of his nose. His eyes fluttered closed and he let out a relieved sigh.