Mirrorball

I heard a light knock at my bedroom door. The door was already open, so when I turned to see who it was, I saw Harry in a white bathrobe leaning against the door frame with a bottle of wine and two glasses in his hands.

"We're taking a bath, love. I've noticed you haven't been completely yourself lately and wanna help you. It's not much but I hope it'll help a little," he sighed.

I smiled at him rising from the bed. I walked towards him. When we got to the bathroom, he set the wine and glasses on the counter.

"C'mere," he whispered. I stood in front of him as he slowly lifted my shirt off of my body. He unclasped my bra and slid  it down my arms. When it hit the floor, he pulled me up into a tight hug. I gasped a little, the hug taking me by surprise.

"Sorry baby, just love you so much. Hate that you're not feeling like yourself," his voice cracked.

"Hey, hey, Harry. It's ok, I'll be alright," I said my hands rubbing up his biceps. He shook his head.

"Yeah, I know," he whispered. I tugged my pants down so that I was fully undressed. I stuck my hands into Harry's robe. My hands traced over his stomach. I moved the robe off of his shoulders. He held me against him again in another hug. I kissed his neck.

He walked past me and turned the water on. His fingers felt the temperature of the water and he adjusted it so the water would be nice and hot when he got in. He poured in a little bit of bubble bath and coconut bath salt. He got up from the edge of the tub.

"Get in," he gestured, holding out his hand to assist me into the tub. I stepped in and sat down. I watched him walk over to the counter and pour the wine into the glasses then hand one to me. He stepped into the bath and sat behind me, one of his legs on each side of my body. I leaned back into his chest and rested my head on his shoulder. I sighed in relief and relaxed against him.

"Will you tell me what's wrong?" he asked after several minutes of us sitting in silence.

"You can tell me anything, baby," he spoke, his fingers softly running up and down my arm. I squeezed my eyes closed fighting back tears.

"I'll tell you. I want you to know how I'm feeling but I'm also gonna cry," I responded.

" 'S ok to cry, love," Harry said. I nodded in response. I took a deep breath before I began to explain my thought process lately.

"I feel like I'm struggling to be myself. I feel like I'm always putting on an act. I want to be perfect for you. I want to make other people happy, never anything else. I always feel like I'm trying to be what everyone else wants me to be rather than who I really am," I cried. Harry's arms were wrapped around my waist from behind, pulling me closer to his chest.

"But also, when it's just me and you I feel so comfortable and at home, but I never stop trying to impress you and I'm just getting exhausted," my voice cracked.

"I don't need you to be perfect. You don't have to try to impress me you'd impress me anyway. I love you so much don't think anything could change that," Harry said kissing my shoulder.

"I know. Just always want your attention, for you to look at me. Or, better yet, I never stop trying to make you laugh, for you to think I'm funny," I said in a hopeless tone.

"Again, you already have those things. I think you're very funny, very pretty, always want to be looking at you, listening to what you have to tell me," He spoke.

"Thank you for saying that" I sighed. "I've just been losing hope in lots of things. I've always been a believer. You know, I believed things would work out, or that people were good deep down. But now, I'm starting to lose my faith. For things to work out, I have to try so fucking hard. I don't know if I've ever been a natural at something. To get it right I have to try so hard. And I'm tired, and I'm broken," I sobbed.m

"Shh, baby, I'm here for you. You can lean on me when you're tired, I'll take some of the weight of the world off your shoulders when I can. You work so hard all the time, and as you said, you're always trying your best so it's ok for you to take a little rest sometimes. We're all a little broken but that doesn't make us lesser than. I can think of lots of broken things that are fascinating and beautiful," Harry hummed.

"Ooh, I'm curious, what broken things are so beautiful to you, pretty boy?" I asked.

"We'll, broken hearts, mosaics, disco balls," he answered.

"Yeah, you're right," I responded.

"There is something else I want to tell you but, I don't want you to freak out or overreact, ok?" I asked.

"Honey, you're scaring me," Harry whispered.

"I love your fans and I love what you do, but the attention is new to me. You're literally one of the most famous musicians in the world right now. I guess I've just been having a hard time adjusting to having people watching me all the time. I think it's taking a toll on my self-esteem," I softly cried.

"I know it can be hard. We can't take the spotlight away, but we can do everything in our power to keep us hidden," he responded.

"I know, and I appreciate that, but I don't always want it to be like that. I want to go to parties with you, award shows, other public appearances with you, and not worry about what other people say about me. I want you to know that this is me trying" I cried.

"You'll get used to it. I know you will," he assured me.

"I'm just so scared of what could happen," I sobbed.

"Most of the fans are so sweet and supportive, but some of them are so cruel I can't help but feel bad about myself. And what scares me the most, is that my words shoot to kill when I'm mad and I never want to say anything mean to them, but sometimes they make me so angry," I added.

"You can't listen to them; I know I have told you that before. They don't know you. I know you; your brother knows you; your best friend knows you, and none of us would ever say those things about you, right?" he asked.

"You're right," I said, the crying slowly fading away.

"Do you ever feel like I bring out different versions of yourself that you didn't really know were there? Because with you, it happens to me all the time," I wondered out loud.

"Yeah, I think so," Harry responded. "But I like who I am with you," he added.

"Oh, me too, I love myself the most when I'm with you," I replied.

"That's good. I love everything about you and always want it to be obvious," Harry whispered.

"I love your laugh, eyes, your passion, the way you dance, your lips, and your smile. I love your pretty hair, the kind words you speak, your tummy, and these," Harry added, grabbing my boobs in each one of his hands.

"Harry!" I laughed, spilling a little bit of my wine in the bathtub. He kissed my face; we were both drunk.

"Harry baby?" I spoke.

"Yeah?" he responded.

"This really helped; what you've done for me tonight. Thank you," I whispered.

"You're welcome, baby. Always want to make you feel better," he answered.

"Can we go to bed?" I asked.

"Of course," Harry said. I leaned forward and unplugged the drain. The water swirled away. Harry got out before me, quickly dried off and wrapped the towel around his waist. He held out a large fluffy towel for me to step into. He wrapped the towel around me, as well as his arms pulling me in for another hug.

"I love you, Sunflower ," he whispered.

"I love you, Harry," I responded.
————————————————————————
this is me trying - Taylor Swift
mirrorball - Taylor Swift