Can I Call You Tonight? (Short)

" 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!" My friends and I cheered as the clock hit midnight. I couldn't help but feel a little sad as I looked around at all the kisses being exchanged. My normal New Years kiss was in London with his family. I could handle the distance, we had to be apart all the time, but I had been partying tonight and the amount of alcohol coursing through my body was heightening my emotions.

I mustered up a small smile, "I'll be right back guys," I said before rounding the corner so I could be alone.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. My screen saver was a picture of him, my Harry. I smiled at his photo before unlocking my phone and dialing his number. The phone rang for a while. My hopes were beginning to fall when I heard the line click.

"Hullo?" he spoke.

"Harry? Hi," I spoke into the phone feeling relieved from the sound of his voice.

"What's going on pretty girl?" he asked.

"Happy New Year! I know you called to say it to me early when it was midnight in London. It's midnight in New York right now so, happy new year," I said.

"You're so cute," he laughed.

"Anyway, I miss you. Really wished you were here when everyone else was getting kissed," I sighed.

"Yeah baby I know, miss you too," he replied.

"But when I get back, I'll give you all the kisses you want," he added.

"I can't wait," I giggled.

"You been drinkin', Sunflower?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm a little tipsy," I replied.

"Had to call you though because I couldn't stop thinking of you," I added.

"Ok. Have fun and please be safe. I miss you, sweet girl," he replied.

"I will. Promise. I miss you too, Harry. See you soon," I whispered trying not to cry.

"Please don't cry, baby. I'll see you real real soon," he responded.

"Ok, ok. I'm fine. Bye-Bye, Harry," I giggled.

"Bye-Bye, baby," he spoke before I hung up the phone.
————————————————————————
Can I Call You Tonight? - Dayglow