Chapter I - My World?

╣╠

"How could you leave us so unexpected?

We waited, we waited

For you but you just left us

We needed you, I needed you."

How Could You Leave Us

NF

╣╠

Chapter I - My World?

╣╠

Narnia, 1015

╣╠

"You need to knock it off." She kept pace with his long strides, only a step behind.

"You don't get to tell me how to mourn." He rounded another corner, not giving her the decency to even look back.

She was angry. He was hopeless. They had found two emotions and rarely strayed apart from them.

She scoffed when she noticed he started walking even faster to try to get away from her. She jumped a series of times to kick her shoes off. The heels were almost as annoying as the boy. "Stop acting like they are dead."

"They've been gone for months! Take a look around." He threw back a long curtain as he walked by it. "Where are they hiding?"

One fell for a King who could tame the wild child in her. The other fell for a queen who needed her world shaken up. The disappearance of the both over a month ago left each missing half their heart.

"Maybe they're in this room!" He gasped sarcastically, escaping the little brat was forever a goal for him. He opened his door and immediately tried to shut it.

She kicked the bottom before the latch could lock her out. She had gotten lucky this time. She was tired of his bad attitude and even worse manners. "They wouldn't just abandon us, Theodore!"

"Don't you think I know that! I would cross tash with glass under my feet if it meant I could get to Lucy and I think she would do the same. If she were alive..." He seemed to hiccup on the word. "She would be here."

He threw his sword and jacket down on a wooden car on top of another pile of clothes. Half the room was just as dark as him, there was mud on the floor that could have been there for weeks and the air was stale. She noticed glass shatter on the ground over the fireplace. The other half though, the side were giant windows let in light and you could see miles over the Eastern Sea, was pristine. There was not a speck of dust and even the flowers on the opposite side of the bed were fresh.

"Edmund's dead, Allie." Theo's voice was hollow.

She wanted to feel bad for him. She knew the hurt he was feeling. But when he said things like that she wanted to punch him in the mouth. "How could you say that? How could you just give up on them?"

"I didn't give up on them, Alyssa. I'm assessing the situation with the information we have. We can't bring them back and for the sake of Narnia, we have to figure out how to live in this world without them. We owe that to them. That's what they would want. That's what- Ash would want."

His movements were still. His eyes might have been pointed in her direction but Theo was looking straight through her. "I don't understand-"

"Ashton and Lucy were single-handedly the best queens this country has ever seen. You know why? Because they loved the country before all else. Their people. They would sacrifice themselves or anyone else for the betterment of the many. Lucy may have loved me, by I was second in her heart."