Chapter XIII - A Simple Exchange

╣╠

"All of my pain and all your excuses

I was a kid but I wasn't clueless

Someone who loves you wouldn't do this."

Family Line

Conan Gray

╣╠

Chapter XIII - A Simple Exchange

╣╠

Peter disapproved of this

Peter disapproved of this. Peter didn't approve of much that came out of my mouth really. He acts as if he has never made a single error in his life. He's pretending to be a god. Susan and Lucy seem to be reasonable individuals, how did Peter stray so far? Edmund doesn't speak much which works in his favor because when he does decide to make words, they make waves. He may be quiet, but he is not shy.

It took a lot of convincing but I ran down the dungeon stairs as quickly and silently as possible. I had to take out three guards on the way here. Protocol forces one more to be at the bottom of the stairs.

One hard hit with the pummel of my sword and the man crumbled to the ground. His fall alerted all the prisoners of my presence. Many turned and looked at me, some even begging me to let them out. I only had time to save one. If we win this war, I will personally come back for them all.

I unlocked my professor's cell, "Five more minutes?"

"What are you doing here? I didn't help you escape just so you could break back in." His voice was hoarse, most likely from lack of hydration.

I knelt down next to him, trying to help him up, "Stop! Get her first. She may very well be the difference between a victory and a loss."

"No, I-"

"Unlocked them now!" He ordered this time.

I did as he was told, and unlocked the cell of a brown bear, who returned a single nod of gratitude. The girl was struggling to stand. I could see the blood dripping from her back all the way down her body. The blood was both new and old.

"Okay, now we need to go," I rushed my professor.

"Get on my back. You just have to hold on a little bit longer, Ash. I promise." He heard the bear say to the girl. She looked so weak he was surprised she was even standing.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Ben." She responded quietly, tripping as she tried to step on a rock to mount the bear.

Caspian froze. Surely his head was making things up. Of all things for Peter to be wrong about. He will praise him on his hands and knees if this is truly Ashton and Ben.