Chapter XXI - War for Us.

╣╠

"Feels like we had matching wounds

But mine's still black and bruised

And yours is perfectly fine

Feels like we buried alive."

The Exit

Conan Grey

╣╠

Chapter XXI - War for Us.

╣╠

I waited with the stars for the return of Edmund

I waited with the stars for the return of Edmund. I'd attempted to sleep, but the dances of lies and decease infiltrated her every thought. I found no joy in lying to Peter, I knew he would disapprove of the mission. And promising him I would have gone myself would not work to my advantage.

Edmund had grown since I last saw him, not in the sense of his age. The world aged him. He was more mature and constantly guarded. If I could take the burden from his shoulders, I would bare it. In his session with Wesley, I saw a glimpse at my earnest friend. All of these things I could dream and hope for, but I'm nearly sure he would make the same bargain for me.

Mera appeared first in the shadow of the moon and then a diving figure. I rushed to her side, Edmund cradling his very pale friend. Wes did not wear his usual smile.

My eyes scanned the blood painting the two boys and Edmund answered before I could ask. "It's all Wes. Arrow through his hand."

Edmund shifted his weight, sliding with the boy. I conquered a small gust of wind, taking the tall lengthy young man from his grasp. Edmund's eyes shot to me quickly. My magic made fewer appearances in recent times, rarer when I got to use it for good. I kept a steady focus on my breathing. Wesley mumbled something about believing he was already dead as Edmund ran ahead, banging his fist on Lucy's door.

The guards outside of all of the rooms the royals stood up straighter with sudden action. I saw one open the door to Susan's room. I wished to groan out, I felt a lecture coming.

Theo was the one to come to the door, his surprise started at Edmund and immediately ended when he saw me. Theo grew into a far greater man than I could have dreamed. We met soaked in blood. This was poetic for us.

"Lucy, my love. I don't mean to alarm you but the blacksmith is bleeding out at our door."

Lucy turned the corner then, dropping a single tear of the juice of the fire flowers into his mouth. I lowered him slowly, letting him regain his balance on his own. He barely noticed, his eyes were growing at the sight of the hole healing in his hand. Wes turned to me, "The next time you- make someone float, try not to mix their insides while you do it."