Chapter VI - Begging

╣╠

"I pull you in to feel your heartbeat

Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you."

Hold On

Chord Overstreet

╣╠

Chapter VI - Begging

╣╠

I kicked a rock for the fourth time in a row

I kicked a rock for the fourth time in a row. It was constant. I kick the rock, it rolls, skips and stops. I kick it again. Roll, skip, stop. When your entire world had been picked up a thrown back down, I only had solace in this igneous piece of sediment.

"Drop him!"

Nope. Keep kicking the rock. Fewer problems with tiny rolling stone. Whichever one of my siblings is most certainly being vaulted into the air by a craven will probably live. They will be on their own. Susan can save them. Tis' simply not my problem.

"Edmund!" Lucy yelled.

Damn it, Lucy. I look up, greeted with exactly what my instincts told me. A body of water. Every single river, stream, and pond in Narnia flows. Lucy always thought the best of me. I never really deserve it but it was always refreshing. She believed that with the right motivation, I could overcome my aquaphobia. Unfortunately, I feared water more than I feared her disappointment. So I did what any child faced with their greatest terror does. I sat on my arse, now holding my rock as I watched my perfectly heroic brother dive into the blue abyss and pull out half and regular-sized man.

Lucy followed beautifully in his footsteps, racing the cut his gag off, allowing him his first solid breath.

He coughed up large sums of water, which forced me to start pacing my breathing for eight-second intervals as I tried to fight back the flashes of retrospect. "Drop him"! That's the best you can come up with?"

"A simple 'thank you' would suffice."

As a whole, from the observations of me and my friend, rock, these first impressions are not going well. The rock told me himself.

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help." The cranky dwarf continued, actually helping my heart rate slow knowing I have a fellow man of similar humor in my presence. His reaction is humbling really. I'm glad I get to watch this.

"Maybe we should have let them." Peter tries to air out his shirt of all the water. He still looked like a drowned rat. No offense, to the rats of course.