Chapter III - Magical Intervention

╣╠

"Telling me the stories

Stories coming true

Well you see these angels

These angels see the light."

Angels

Khalid

╣╠

Chapter III -  Magical Intervention

╣╠

"I don't think I hit him hard enough

"I don't think I hit him hard enough."

Waking up in an unfamiliar home while on the run from your only family left, and that phrase was enough to make me determine that these creatures were foes. The world was continuing to prove that the only person that can be trusted is me.

"Nikabrik, he's just a boy."

"He's a Telmarine, not some lost puppy. You said you were gonna get rid of him."

"No. I said I'd take care of him."

"We can't kill him now. I just bandaged his head. It would be like murdering a guest."

The two bickering voices continued like they had the right to decide the fate of my life. I'm terribly annoyed by the constant devaluing of my entity by all those I've come across, no matter Telamarine or Narnian.

"How do you think his friends are treating their guest?"

"Trumpkin knew what he was doing. It's not the boy's fault."

I would not stick around to see this conversation play out. As riveting as it is to listen to strangers argue by fate. This half and half battle wouldn't cut it. I dodge around the corner, sliding on a brief trip of carpet. The talking badger jumped with many attempts to keep a small bowl from flipping over. He ultimately failed as the two of us jumped back at the sight of the other dwarfs pointing a knife at my chest. I stumbled backward, landing hard on a stone surrounding a tiny fireplace. My saints saved me by offering a fire poker as a feeble weapon against the dagger still wishing for a way into my heart in front of me.

"Stop! Stop!" The badger screamed at both myself and the dwarf. I didn't take my eyes off the dwarf even as the badger forced the dagger away from me. "Hold it. No, no!

The dwarf studied me, starting with the new scarring cut on my forehead all the way down to the sole of my boots. "I told you we should have killed him when we had the chance."

"You know why we can't."

"If we're taking a vote, I'm with him." Why am I entertaining this? I motioned to the badger, who I may believe was a kind soul if he didn't align himself with the likes of a very temperamental tiny man.