Chapter IV - Trained

╣╠

"I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

So desperate to find a way out of my world and finally breathe

Right before my eyes, I saw that my heart, it came to life

This ain't easy, it's not meant to be

Every story has its scars."

Remedy

Adele

╣╠

Chapter IV - Trained

╣╠

Two meals of scraps of bread and slop later, ten soldiers entered. They stared at me, looking at my sticklike body over multiple times before unlocking and picking me up. I figured sooner or later they would come but they grabbed Ben as well.

I tried to pull my limbs out of their gasp but my strength was nothing compared to theirs. With no magic and no muscle on my body. I was nothing but skin and bones.

"Your cooperation might be the difference between life and death, Witch."

Chivalry really was dead.

"I swear on every inch of my heart if anything happens to him there is no form of torture that could make me help you. You will be dead by morning." I threatened. I didn't need to raise my voice. My bones may have felt like a swamp but my voice was clear as a stream. I'd killed others for less, just their fingerprints pressing into my arms was reason enough for their heads.

They had the audacity to laugh as they dragged us both through the halls. Ben was just as weak as I. In defiance, he sat down in the middle of the castle hallway. No three men could move him then.

My escorts did not stop, they marched me into a room filled with men.

I saw the look on their face. Confusion, disbelief, or humor, they all so obviously wore them on their faces. At least I still knew misogyny was still in Narnia. They saw a little blonde girl as a plaything, not Narnia's greatest weapon. Not as a Queen.

One man scoffed, "Lord Miraz, brought us a child, not a witch."

If they offered me that narrative I would work with it.

"She is an ancient witch. Reborn. She will help us wipe the Narnians once and for all."

I spit onto the floor, "I have a better idea. You let me and my friend free and I won't kill everyone in this room."

"I have sent out orders that anyone in this room falls, your bear dies." An older man by the name of Miraz spoke.

He was below six feet tall. But he stood as straight as he could to appear not so. His armor was accented with gold lining. Telling me that how he presented himself was important to him and also to those around him. He had more gold on than everyone else in the room, making him feel superior.

"You won't do that." I tugged for my arm but it wouldn't budge.

"Are you calling my bluff?" Miraz hissed, coming down to my eye level to intimidate me.

"If he dies, you lose all your leverage. Then there is nothing stopping me from killing every person you have ever loved. I will start with the decapitation of your horse and delivering it to your bedchamber."