Chapter IX - Please Don't Let This Be a Dream

╣╠

"I stay up all night

Tell myself I'm alright

Baby, you're just harder to see than most."

Dancing With Your Ghost

Sasha Alex Sloan

╣╠

Chapter IX - Please Don't Let This Be a Dream

╣╠

"Kill him!"

"Kill him!"

"Telmarine!"

"Liar!"

"Murderer!"

While being screamed at by centaurs, dwarves, minotaurs, and more, I found myself thankful that Trufflehunter was merciful. If I have hit my head and landed in front of any of these Narnians' homes. They might have decided to end my life at first sight. I never would have even made it here, horn or not.

"All this horn proves is they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Mr. Sunshine was really double downing on his hate of me.

"I didn't steal anything." I tried to explain.

"Didn't steal anything?" A voice huffed, I turned to look for who said it but there were dozens of others announcing their hate for me before I could say more than five words.

"Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?"

"Our homes!"

"Our land!"

"Our freedom!"

"Our lives! You stole Narnia!"

I stopped trying to speak to individuals and spoke to the Narnians as a whole, "You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?"

Mr. Sunshine nodded, "Accountable and punishable."

The noble mouse, who I discovered was named Reepicheep, Captain of the Talking Mice of Narnia. He is incredibly proud, he is directly descended from the mice who chewed away Aslan's binds at the Stone Table during the Winter Revolution. Aslan gave the mice the ability to talk as a reward for their kindness, he told me. "That is rich coming from you, dwarf. Have you forgotten it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?"

"And I'd gladly do it again if it would rid us of these barbarians." Mr. Sunshine promised.

"Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back. Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan now?" Trufflehunter once again came to my service, defending against his friend. "Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a Son of Adam was king."